1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got gas?

Discussion in 'General' started by MarkClow, Sep 23, 2005.

1. MarkClow

MarkClow Well-Known Member

You stocked up on gas yet?

It would be a good idea to fill all those jerry cans up before the refineries get hit!

2. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

I've got gas :D

3. WERA552

WERA552 Master Brake Oil Spiller!

Are we going to run out?

I haven't stocked up. Yet...

Will I need to even though I'm up here in the Northeast? I had a neighbor mention that most of the fuel up here comes from different refineries than the gulf coast ones. Is he full of crap? :confused:

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Re: Are we going to run out?

I think a substantial portion of fuel for the entire country comes from Gulf Coast refineries.

5. 45° Please

45° Please Large Member

Speculation of future whole sale gas prices is the BIGGEST SCAM in the history of the United States.

2.60 one day, and then 2.89 the next! PURE COW POO.

Damn, that gets my blood boiling.

:down:

6. Our manufacturing plants are F#$KED!!! Most of the plastic we buy comes from the Texas area, which have shut down refineries. This will most likely shut down "most" of the automotive manufacturers as I'm sure many suppliers are in the same boat.

7. :rolleyes:

The reason the gas prices are going up is because moron's "stock up" on gas like the shit is going to disappear forever.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2005
  8. WERA552

WERA552 Master Brake Oil Spiller!

I found a couple articles that mentioned 30% of our (USA) refining capacity is in the gulf region. That leaves nearly 3/4 of our production elsewhere. I don't know if they can get the crude stuff to them though. :confused:

9. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

Yep, 1/3 comes from down south. If the refineries get hit, it's got to come from someplace else which means it has to be trucked or whatever, correct? Which means it is going to cost them more which in turn will be passed on to us.

10. jeffrop

jeffrop Well-Known Member

Actually, gas prices are raised by the oil companies in "anticipation" of supply problems. They claim to be hedging the price in relation to perceived demand.

The reality is, IMHO, that oil companies are left unchecked to arbitrarily manipulate prices to maximize profits; due, in part, to the publics inability to conserve in times of crisis.

Just ask me how many friggin trips to the store my wife makes in a week. :rolleyes:

Sooo...I guess what I'm saying is it's my wifes fault! :Poke: ing myself :D

11. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Good thing, cause I don't think you're gonna be :Poke: ing her anytime soon if she reads this board...

12. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

I listened to the "don't panic" rhetoric last time and got caught with my trousers down when the stations all ran out of gas.

Yes, I have gas.

13. jeffrop

jeffrop Well-Known Member

Ya think? My luck though she'll be like "honey Im not going to the store tonight...let's see what's on the WERA BBS" :wow: :D

14. Re: Re: Got gas?

The last time, I drove by a gas station with people filling up with premium for $3.99, because regular was out...and then proceeded to stop in at my local gas station, few miles down the road {where apparently the idocy hadn't caught up yet...} and filled up for $2.99 for regular.

15. xsr71x

xsr71x Old Member

Our stations are pretty much dried up.. at least the truck stop ALWAYS seems to have Diesel:D

16. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Re: Re: Re: Got gas?

Lucky you. I ignored the lunacy, and there was no gas around or in Winder the next day. Busa had less than 1/2 tank...everything else we own was emtpy. Lesson learned: Vehicles do not sit around the ponderosa on E.

17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Topped off both mini-vans on Wednesday, the KTM is full, YZF has half a tank left from Barbers on Sunday and the Bandit 12 has a couple gallons left. I'm good for a week or two if I don't make a lot of unnecessary trips.

If those run out, there's always the riding lawnmower.:D

18. Tard

Tard Well-Known Member

Mad Max.

19. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

I would have to ride the mower. Nothing else around here burns diesel...yet.