1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Goose Neck Trailers

Discussion in 'General' started by Ducti89, Mar 30, 2021.

1. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Hey all,

Now that Im retired I have the ability to upgrade my rig again. My truck is already outfitted for a gooseneck trailer.

Most from what I have seen trailer brand wise; Sundowner, ATC and just today, Lakota, seem to be well built utilizing aluminum construction.

With that being said, spending $70k just isnt in the budget.

Besides racingjunk, is there another site I can browse? Oddly enough, I wondered if the partitions in the Lakota were removable. Im in horse farm territory.

Any insight would be appreciated!

2. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

3. Ducti89

Where should I be looking? Tried race car package and nothing.

4. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

Last edited: Mar 30, 2021
  5. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Just an FYI, but ANY aluminum constructed trailer is going to command a huge premium even on the used market right now just based on the meteoric rise in AL prices the last few years. MSRP's on ATC toy-hauler trailers have skyrocketed across their model range. Their Quest line of custom trailers don't seem to have seen the same increase, but it's still significant.

All I know is that I could list my 2017 20' ATC for more than what I paid for it new, right now, and I'd have cash buyers probably lined up around the block to avoid the MSRP of a new unit that doesn't have much in the way of updates.

6. Ducti89

I was hoping there was a site a little more specialized I was missing. I mean...i could search craigslists....:p:D

R1M370 likes this.
  7. Ducti89

Im keeping that in mind, too. I do like the trailer Travis has up, too. If its not a goose neck, it would he an older work and play.

t11ravis likes this.
  8. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Call them... they will blueprint one out for you and give you a quote.. tell them exactly what you want... length, AC BTU’s amount of units.. 30 or 50 AMP outlet placing, pit lights ect... wall thickness, doors everything.. I had them make my Pace for me... 58F88769-58E6-4B58-A161-ECCC94CD2656.jpeg

Ducti89 likes this.
  9. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

How big do you want?

10. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Check with Becks in Michigan if you can afford new.
    They are full custom build shop.

11. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

12. Phl218

Phl218 .

add 5 ft

13. Phl218

Phl218 .

add 5 ft

14. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

So, just for clarification, you think he should add 10 ft?

5 to the front, and 5 to the back???

15. Phl218

Phl218 .

at the response rate of the forum when a post gets submitted, yes

Sabre699 likes this.
  16. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

Aluminum hasn't changed price all that much over the last five years, if not decade. I would attribute the price change to demand, labor costs, or costs of other materials rather than aluminum. Even with the current chaos we have only seen our mill price change by about $0.10/lb since October.

NemesisR6 and Boman Forklift like this.
  17. Phl218

Phl218 .

the current demand for trailers, campers and outdoor utility stuff was just surpassed by the toilet paper wave

18. Ducti89

Yep. Thats a proper rule of thumb Im aware of!

19. Ducti89

20. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Hmmm, maybe so. I was chatting with a friend of mine who runs a fabrication shop and said his quotes have gone way up for aluminum work due to materials prices.

Personally, I also paid around $97.20 for a 6x36" plate of quarter-inch 7075/T651 aluminum in December of 2016. That same piece goes for $132.40 right now at the same place I bought it, onlinemetals.com

21. TSWebster

TSWebster Well-Known Member