1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good Recruiters...Anyone?

Discussion in 'General' started by TLR67, Mar 22, 2019.

1. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Anyone have anyone they are using? After 20 years I have lost my contacts... Just got let go from the Death Star (AT&T) this morning... sucks but honestly I saw the writing on the walls for years.. I was in Project Management for the last 10 years but was in consulting and sales prior.. think I need to get back in Sales.. I have my resume and cover polished and ready.. Just thought I might ask here if anyone is in corporate recruiting...

2. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Curious, what items did you mention in your cover letter?

3. DaveB

DaveB Just Riding Around

That sucks dude.

4. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Duranni Wheels, 3 ft screwdrivers and fucking Carrillo Rods! Lol.. I could email it to you if you Pm me...

No Brakes and TurboBlew like this.
  5. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

What about cheeseburger vs hamburger, what’s better?

TLR67 likes this.
  6. LinkedIn.

TLR67 likes this.
  7. Phl218

Phl218 .

That sucks.

Like Alex said. Polish up that resume, get a good pic and go on LinkedIn.

8. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I used Linked in when in sales but not for Job Hunting...I guess I will need to revisit and dig up my old account.

9. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Dang Marc sorry to hear, did not know you worked for them. They let me go in 2015 after almost 36 years, fortunately I was retirement eligible. Guy I worked for bought me back 7 months later as a contractor. Did that for 3 more years and finally retired for good this past December. There is life after the DeathStar. :beer:

TLR67 likes this.
  10. CMRA 270

CMRA 270 Comes here for the latest CMRA gossip

LinkedIn has a setting that is visible to recruiters that you're searching and open to communication/conversation. That's a good place to start. Depending on where you are career wise, there are some great resume writers that essentially "manage" your LinkedIn profile along with getting your resume straightened out. They aren't cheap but I've seen impressive results.

I'm sorry you got let go...that definitely sucks. I've done a ton business with AT&T over the years and still do. Lot's of stories like rd49 of being let go and coming back as a contractor as I'm sure you know. The market is good now however. If I might ask; what type of PM and what type of sales? May be an off chance I can help.

11. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

On a positive note, more time to race TLR's. :D

TLR67 and 418 like this.
  12. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

What area of the country are you looking to be in?

13. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

OP, as I mentioned to you, I’m currently on the market, switching careers, and I sent a resume to InDeed in response to a position and “recruiters” have been contacting me concerning positions.

Just an fyi

TLR67 likes this.
  14. 418

418 Expert #59

That sucks brother. One door closes, another one opens.

See you at Barber.

TLR67 and Phl218 like this.
  15. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Thanks for everyone's thoughts... Honestly its a huge weight lifted off my shoulders and when my boss told me yesterday I was actually relieved.. I was in Management and no where near retirement.. Been sober for 8 Months now and that has definitely helped deal with this... Otherwise I would still be drinking as in this minute... Anyhow my resume is polished.. I need to stay in the Atlanta Market (Preferably North) or VO like the last 7 Years. Have PM experience in Network Communications as well as a decade of Sales experience in the same Market. I am thinking on getting back in Sales but not Communications.. I got spoiled.. had it good and milked every friggin minute of it.. It will definitely put a strain on the race and TD schedule however heading to Flat Track tonight... Barber with STT Next weekend... Then I got my Moto America Tix and camping for the first round there at Road Atlanta... Not gonna sweat things but I want to get started.. Linked In here I come... Thanks to all!!!

j cal, Phl218 and ducnut like this.
  16. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Damn Straight!! Cuban Sandwiches and SX Sat night!

Phl218 likes this.
  17. steve802cc

steve802cc Well-Known Member

Shitty!
    Good luck job hunting man.

Barber on March 30-31??

18. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Yes sir.... 1 Week away Steve!

steve802cc likes this.
  19. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Update your resume and settings on the various job sites and Linked-In. That triggers an avalanche of recruiters who will come looking for you.

Speaking of resumes, have an expert review/update yours to get past the automated filters and attract attention once in front of an actual person.

Networking is still king, time to reach out to those you've had success with in the past.

TLR67 likes this.
  20. I’ve only used it for job hunting/networking. I’ve gotten multiple jobs and job offers from it. It’s worth keeping polished and up to date. Keep the “let recruiters know I’m open to opportunities” on and keep building the network.

Good luck, I’ve been in your shoes sans time dedicated to the company and I know the feeling of relief when they finally shut down our department. I had just quit drinking too. Best of luck!!

TLR67 likes this.