1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good Luck to my Vintage Brothers

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by JBall, Nov 2, 2017.

1. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

I'm bummed that, for the first time in about 20 years, I will miss the WERA GNF (maybe next year Sean will coordinate with the ASME Boiler Code Week in Phoenix....). This means that, after four years, someone else will win the V5 race. Don't worry, I intend to be back next year to take it back!

I wish the best of luck to all the vintage folks, and especially to all the guys I've raced against in V5 and V6LW - even if it was Mark Morrow in another class. I hope everyone stays safe, and has a great time in all their races.
    I intend to follow the action on Race Monitor during my meetings tomorrow (Sean post up!)

A special shout out to Eric Crews and Kurt Kesler, keep the shiny side up! Metalhead, hang in there, and all of you hope that NC ace "Tuna" Mullins doesn't show up and show you all how it's done!

Have a good one,

Joe

Killswitch, VFR#52 and ToofPic like this.
  2. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

I know another BIG name rider that wont be at the GNF..You guys will thank me later for the new #1 .
    Wish I could at least watch,maybe ride next year if money/bills permit.
    You riders be safe,and have fun!!!!!!

VFR#52 likes this.
  3. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Sheesh, JBall takes a day off and this weirdness happens...
    Vintage Five:

1. Tyler Fullerton (Yam Seca II), 8 laps

2. Mark Morrow (Yam RD350)

3. Eric Crews (Kaw EX500)

4. Kurt Kesler (Yam 600)

5. Travis Richards (Kaw 250)

6. Kirk McConnell (Yam YZF-R6), DQ, motorcycle illegal for class

SecaII wins??? Somebody signed up with an R6??? Cats and dogs living together!!!

Killswitch, ToofPic and JBall like this.
  4. RZ Racer

RZ Racer It passed tech LAST time!

Tyler was on fire and was going 100% right from the start. After a killer holeshot, he tucked in behind Cato and Buras and threw down a blistering 1:44.xx on the second lap!! He slowed a little after that and I started slowly catching him back (on my RZ, not the RD as listed in results) but ran out of time. He finished a good 1-1.5 sec ahead of me to take the win!

In the same race, Dick Gruhn brought out the red flag on the warmup lap when he highsided exiting Charlottes, breaking and dislocating his ankle. He popped the ankle back in on track, told medical he was fine (liar liar pants on fire!)and then went back to the pits, switched transponders to a back up bike and won the v3 race! He stayed in his leathers for another 90 mins bc he was afraid to take his boots off and went out in F500, finishing 2nd. By then, the pain and swelling were too much and he threw in the towel and headed home. Tough Hombre!!!

ToofPic, V5 Racer, VFR#52 and 2 others like this.
  5. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Dang, heal up Dick!.....that is pretty badass....Dick is a funny dude, like a totally different person on-track and off-track.....animal on track, always smiling and joking off track.

I could see Dick in the future being one of those old guys who hobbles around in the pits with a cane or something (a walker would be funny), then he mounts the bike and it all goes away, BAM! fast and smooth as crap!....like someone who would have their ankle set for the posture of rearsets or something rather than walking.:)

Maybe I digress....heal up Mr. Gruin

ToofPic and V5 Racer like this.
  6. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Missed you out there (and in the paddock) Joe, look forward to you being with us next year.

I was on the POS ex500 I have, not the FZ. My results were better than I expected.

I don't know what's worse, gridding up for a V5 race riding a R6 or only finishing 3rd in a V5 race while riding a R6 (before the DQ). At least he beat a couple of EX500s LOL

7. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

What's the story with that? New racer that entered the wrong class, or shyster that heard Joe Ball wasn't going to be there and was looking to steal the coveted WERA V5 GNF win?

JBall likes this.
  8. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

Remember Kurt, EX is the last 2/3 in SEX!

V5 Racer likes this.
  9. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Not sure on the why, I'm assuming someone got wrong intel.

Wish I had thought of it, that would have been better than going out there on shakes LOL.

10. RZ Racer

RZ Racer It passed tech LAST time!

All we know is that he entered the wrong class, wasn't very good and when confronted, tried to claim that the bike was a "highly modified" fz600 that he developed himself! That part almost pisses me off more than the entering the wrong class! How stupid does this guy think his competitors are?!?

ToofPic likes this.
  11. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

:crackup:

Had not heard the "highly modified" FZ600 part. Heard it was an FZ from other racers and thought it rather quick but that was it.

ToofPic likes this.
  12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He borrowed the bike and either paid no attention to what he was riding or the rules or both.

13. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

If I had a EX500 beat me and I was riding a R6, I'd never grid up again. :crackup: Was it a second gen R6 or first?

14. bullockcm

bullockcm Well-Known Member

Makes no difference when the rider is 3rd rate :dead:

15. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Hey now, give us our dead horse. We don't get this sort of excitement in vintage racing very often. :D

ToofPic likes this.
  16. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

All that really means is Mark, Eric, and Kurt are badass.....that's all.:flag:....I don't know Tyler, but I guess hes there too.

That's just frikkin funny man.....wow. I wonder how he came up with V5? laptimes maybe? wild how he wound up there.

17. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

I remember having a rider grid up in Production race with pipes,and who knows what else.
    Who the hell does this?
    I also remember a rider school student jumping a 2nd wave start past myself,and the front row.
    He was soo happy,he was waiving the #1 to all his peeps on pit road at Roebling. Couldn't help
    but laugh at this dumbass at the most crucial part of the race.
    Of course we beat his ass down going into turn 1,and never saw him again,but for some reason I
    laugh remembering this rider :crackup:

V5 Racer likes this.
  18. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

MMMM I was there when the guy was approached, he immediately went into A$$ hat mode. Nothing he said made me believe it was "accidental" He was going to protest the complete field because every bike in the class was illegal LOL... I think his wallet decided it was not going to cash the check he wrote with his mouth....

19. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

1st Gen...

20. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Beat by a Seca and whatever sort of cheater bike that punter Morrow was riding.

:D

Killswitch likes this.