1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good air mattress... oxymoron?

Discussion in 'General' started by JBraun, Sep 19, 2018.

1. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

My place in Cali is painfully small, but I still wind up with guests pretty frequently, so I have a pull-out sofa sleeper thing. I want new furniture, and all the sleepers look like shit.

Thinking about getting a normal sofa and love seat and buying an air bed for guests. Some of you must use these things at the track, is there anything that doesn't completely suck to sleep on?

2. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

KIMG0473.JPG KIMG0474.JPG I get so many randoms sleeping over, I haven't let the air out of the air mattress. Stashed it in an unused walkin closet. Friends of Friends visiting, friends of relatives etc traveling thru San Diego. Intex brand, nobody's complained about it. If they did, they can fuck off to the Banana Bungalow :)

3. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

No such thing as a good one, but they are all better then sleeping on the floor.

R Acree likes this.
  4. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

5. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

We've taken our Intex camping a few times. It seems to hold air pretty well, and blows up easily with the built in inflator/deflator.

6. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Coleman, off the floor, inexpensive, no complaints.

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I have purchased several over the years. The intex is fairly good. If you go with the thicker ones, get a larger (queen size) matress. The twins tend to crown too much and you will roll off the damn thing. The thin colemans are better than sleeping on the floor. The Aerobeds are nice. All of mine have eventually leaked.

JBall and JBraun like this.
  8. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

:eek:

9. BigBird

BigBird blah

We have two and the coleman linked is pretty good, especially compared to the Intex Pillow Rest Classic Airbed with Built-in Pillow and Electric Pump, Full. I would take the Coleman every time, well between the two. Just have to get an inflator, and this one is very good

TurboBlew likes this.
  10. omatter34

omatter34 Well-Known Member

11. RightSideUp

RightSideUp Well-Known Member

The Serta dual pumps are awesome since they have a big "fast" pump for inflation and deflation then also a small quite pump to regulate soft, med, or firm pressure so it never looses air at night. I slept on one in what was supposed to be a temporary situation for over a year. I had the Queen size along with a 2" memory foam topper which really helped and never had a bad night of sleep do to discomfort which I get in many beds. I had a fair share of "guests" say it was more comfortable than their bed at home... The mattresses go for about $150 online now maybe a little more and the topper was around $50 from Walmart. The foam topper is a must for comfort. Everything can roll/fold up and be stored easy.

JBraun likes this.
  12. backbone

backbone scarred for life

AeroBed deluxe

13. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Don't spend a pile of money on one, the expensive ones are not much better than the cheap ones and they get ruined easily.
    I used to get the heavy duty ones off the shelf at Walmart and they would stay up all night with my weight, so no complaints.

14. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

Cheap air matress with discounted but normally expensive foam topper would be as good as normal bed and the foam rolls up.

15. KCFirebolt

KCFirebolt Large man. Little bike.

We have this one. A friend had hip surgery and couldn't do stairs for a few months. Used it daily and had zero complaints. We've loaned it out more than we've actually used it for our own guests.

I would also like to add that the way it deploys and retracts itself is very cool and makes the whole thing easy to use. Worth every penny.

TurboBlew, omatter34 and BigBird like this.
  16. How much do you like your guests and how long do you want them to stay? Can’t make it too comfy.

BigBird likes this.
  17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Aero bed queen I believe is what we use but anything with a built in pump that will refill as needed (plugs into the wall) should work.

18. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

We're just past 6 months on what was supposed to be a temporary air bed. Had a higher end Serta normal mattress that was at the end of its life. Needed a decent queen air mattress anyway so set it up while we shopped for a real bed. Still haven't got one. We have the nicer intex with a quality 2" topper, we've never slept better.