1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GOLDfren pads

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Kurlon, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Did a search, and there wasn't that much discussion on here about them, anyone rocking GOLDfren pads and care to share?

I've run EBC GPFA and EPFA pads on the FZR, liked the slightly higher initial bite of the GPFAs but otherwise ignoring cost can't complain about either compound. The R6 needs pads, figured I'd explore the GOLDfren route seeing as I'm now playing with their rotors? They've got four compounds that they consider 'race worthy', S33, GP5, GP6 and GP7 but I've no idea how the feel of any of them compares to EBC. Peanut gallery got any input?

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
  2. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

I ran goldfren's on my FZR. Honestly dont remember compound....its been a couple years now,but they werent bad,but would fade away if I ran a solo/gt. But I much prefer the ebc HH,and just stick with those,and they werent that much more than the goldfrens. Plus the EBC HH's seem to last through longer than just sprints. My 2 cents

3. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Tyler was on a team that ran them for a bit. When we went to Road America, we had two or three different sets melt onto the rotors during practice and qualifying. During the first race, Byrce Prince, Ty's teammate, also had the same thing happen.

That was the weekend Tyler first tried Vesrah's. Mark Junge told me that Road America is known as the hardest place on brakes? Tyler ran that same set of Vesrah's at all the rest of his AMA events, and all his club racing with that bike during 2012. Tyler ran them the first half of 2013, and we replaced them at Road America, 6/2013.

We bought the new set, the old ones still had some life left, I just figured I needed to replace them, since they were a year old and had lots of races on them.