1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gobert arrested for DUI

Discussion in 'General' started by gixserman, Apr 9, 2004.

1. Rocketmann#67

Rocketmann#67 Well-Known Member

I have heard my share of racial comments, and yes they do get old but I don't think stooping to their level is the way to do it. I understand getting fed up but I just see things differently. Like I said a dumb ass is a dumb ass no matter what nationality he/she is, and obviously you deal with alot of dumb ass people. I agree that if you can't live by the rules get the hell out. There are alot of people who would love to be in this country and watch their P's and Q's.

2. Liar Liar

Liar Liar what did you say?

hmmmm.....I wonder if they have McDonalds in Austrailia?

can anyone here Go Show saying "want fries with that?"
    :clap:

3. WeaselBob

WeaselBob Well-Known Member

tell him to move to Florida so he can get one, then we can take it away :D

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Well, there is still world endurance. He hasn't F'ed over MV (sponsored by Burger King - Ironic isn't that?) or Benelli.

5. Rocketmann#67

Rocketmann#67 Well-Known Member

some people just have more ability than brains. The Go Show or his new name The No Show.

6. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

Yeah what he said!

7. peterhaulintail469

peterhaulintail469 Orange-u Racing 469

I am curious too his BAC level, and how many of us WERA riders have gone thru at least the field tests (pass or fail)before passing judgement. I passed one three years ago with a .03, three crown and sprites over a 2.5 hour bowling work function. I passed 2 field tests and was still given the breathalizer, they took me too the station and made someone pick me up still. Anything under .10 is too low too arrest in my opinion, and I drink less than once a month anymore We have come too use a designated driver at all times, or designated drink limit/time cut off for the driver but it's not going too be the last time for this in AMA, NASCRAP or any other racing.....WERA included.

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Pete, I think the point is that he keeps making "mistakes" repeatedly and has ruined what could have been a world champion career. And he was given more chances than regular folks usually get. In a sense, he is the Robert Downey Jr. of motorcycle racing. Very likable, extremely talented, but a walking time bomb for any employer.

9. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Man oh man, I could not have put it better.I was thinking of a way to put it.Still,I'm hoping it is some bull crap he got caught up in.

10. peterhaulintail469

i know this isnt the only time he has been in trouble, my question is the BAC? from a social perspective my rant is that anything under .10 is too low? He messed up with the with Suzuki GP "banned substances", Mari-ja-wanna with Ducati, he seemed okay on the R7 that year as far as behavior versus performance, but then the Austin Ducati "missed flight/personality conflict thing and now this.

I think Honda will fire or terminate, but how can you fire if he isnt drawing a salary....other than not let him ride Erion bikes? His contract is performance laced, AMA purses and championships would be his pay other than normal weekend comps? It will be cool too see him have to pay his own way, like I have too mine. I don't feel sorry for him, I just am curious on his BAC level at arrest, and did he refuse the tests.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

His BAC was obviously high enough to get him arrested. Hence it's high enough to be an issue.

The details at this point shouldn't matter too much to anyone but his lawyer....

12. peterhaulintail469

papa-
    by the way, nice point of view on Mladdin. you speak very well. I agree with your Robert Downey view too.

I've "social-ized"; as have many others apparantly, with Gobie and he is a very, very cool cat too talk too. It's a shame anytime someone has a substance abuse problem regarding of who or what oppurtunities they had/have/or didnt have. And I can say that, I am not perfect myself as far as what I've done or tried as a teenager/young adult. You can only imagine, what it's like too be famous and go somewhere that people recognize you and "want to buy you a drink" after talking too you. It doesn't excuse the lack of dicipline. I got my fingers crossed that Honda will wait till conviction before canning him, and that a lawyer can stall the court system till mid december-ish so he can dominate Superstock on the CBR1000rr........:)

13. WeaselBob

WeaselBob Well-Known Member

I'll take bets that if Honda keeps him on after after this week, he'll discover a new and amazing way to blow it all long befoe a stalled court date

14. wera176

wera176 Well-Known Member

:rolleyes:

Gawd, not this again....

15. K.Lancaster

K.Lancaster Well-Known Member

Did anyone catch the thread on superbikeplanet? Its just a rumor at this point, I'm sure there will be more news today!:(

16. wera 688

wera 688 in the mosh pit

Gobert is a frickin loser and deserves to get kicked off the team. Actions speak louder than words and his piss poor behavior over the last 5 years supports the notion that he is incapable of keeping his motorcycle racing career.

...may I take your order, mate?

17. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

18. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Kind of sucks. He has only been arrested, not convicted. I think he deserved his day in court before they let him go. Damn shame....:(

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Why should he get a day in court first? Someone with a totally clear background I can see giving the benefit of the doubt, they did that big time just by giving him a ride in the first place, he used all his chances up long ago....

20. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Oh, I suppose it's because I have a problem with the whole DUI thing.....the way your license is pulled as soon as you get the ticket and what not. That ticket is one of those guilty until proven innocent things in our court system.