1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Go or No-Go Zone! Real or not?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Hawk518, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

I was wondering if we are up to revisiting the questions of Go and No-Go Zones in Europe?

I know the subject was always a hot one, contested one, few years ago here and there was always anecdotal claims on the existence of No-Go areas and generally dismissed as non-existing by individual citing first hand knowledge.

I just saw an article about UPS opting out of delivery in certain areas across Sweden.
    Anyone in the Swimsuit Team care to confirm/deny, inform?

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Man, it really depends on who you ask. The politicians will tell you they don't exist. The locals and maybe a cop or two at whisper loud might tell you different.

and it's not just Sweden.

3. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

4. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

I suspect it is similar to Detroit when I worked there. Some areas would be a bad idea for a non resident to go there during the day. At night it would be flat stupid. Also if you were of the incorrect pigmentation the odds of getting pulled over was VERY high. After all why were you there? Likely to buy drugs or cause trouble so getting pulled over also had a high success rate. Generally I would call those areas a no go region. I suspect the euro ones are similar or worse.

5. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

I believe that sometime , is it better to let go than to fight with no end in sight.
    We must ask, what is proper. Not what is right.
    However, the thing is, if we are going to allow for freedom of choice, it must be accompanied by absolution of responsibility.

And, I afraid that this is something that we, as a people struggle with today.
    We see it every day.

Example:
    - Go to fight with Isis. Now wants a free pass, and a ticket back "home."

Choice and responsibility are not mutually exclusive.

But, if people want to live under the rule of an oppressor, more power to them.
    But consideration must exclude support/welfare.

The thought of exercising Eminent Domain to secure a "home" for some sounds more inviting as time passes.

Time to consider giving so-called victims what they ask for and leave them be, guilt free.