1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Go Kenny!

Discussion in 'General' started by 2blueYam, Feb 18, 2010.

1. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

From the MotoGP article, it looks like American Kenny Noyes was fastest in the Moto2 tests this morning. Rolfo was second fastest only 0.1 seconds back, but then crashed out and was taken to the hospital. Looks like plenty of other crashes as well. I guess the riders are having a bit of a challenge getting used to these new Moto2 bikes.

Anyway, American's named Kenny have a pretty good record running international prototypes, hopefully this kid can keep up the good work.

Note to RR that frequents these boards: No, I am not saying Noyes is the next coming of KR Jr. or will be moving to MotoGP next year. Just saying it is nice to see him taking well to the bike early in testing.

2. 92cobra

92cobra Well-Known Member

Go Kenny! I am stoked about this year coming up. Some great races to watch for sure!

3. AH406

AH406 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if they have slipper clutches on the moto2 bikes but I imagine it will take some getting used to the 4 stroke 600s for the gp guys. .Maybe even the ex MotoGP guys if the Honda motors don't run a slipper set up. Regardless its nice to see Noyes comin in hot.

4. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

The afternoon results are up. Noyes didn't improve and is 6th on the day 0.5 back. Rolfo is out for 4 weeks with a dislocated shoulder - ouch. 16 riders within 2 second means this should be some fun racing to watch this year!:)

Last edited: Feb 18, 2010
  5. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

It's early, but 2 seconds per lap separation is an eternity. I sure hope it gets a lot tighter than that. WSB had some instances last year where 1.5 seconds separated more than 20 riders. That just lends more credibility to what an incredible job Spies did.

6. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Damn...I thought this was about me but then I realized the thread title would have been "Go Asshole" instead.

7. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Personally, I was disappointed. Kenny Who?

:D

8. Garyb425

Garyb425 Well-Known Member

Don't worry, RR won't see this - with the real Rolfo injured he'll be wringing his hands and can't type!

That said, I hope Rolfo is ok.

9. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

The only one that might show up here is Simoncelli.

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The motors aren't even the spec of what they will be racing. There's everything from basicly stock Honda engines to fully built, factory special CBR engines. The times have about as much to do with what the bikes will actually turn as the times have to do with how many hard boiled eggs Mongo could eat in an hour. Good shake down for the chassis (but some of those aren't even final spec yet).

Nice press for the riders and class but I'm more interested in the Mongo/ hard boiled egg test.

11. Garyb425

I didn't realize that they don't have the spec engines yet. Impressive stuff from Honda...

12. Garyb425

In a quick comparison, they are still around 3 seconds slower than the top 250 pace.

13. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

You've seen Cool Hand Luke a few too many times :p