1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GNF

Discussion in 'General' started by E Reed, Sep 13, 2019.

1. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

"listen".. no way, no how, can you hear the PA more than 1/2 way down the first tier toward the final corner. When we rolled in, and were told we could not park along the fence right by pit IN, as that area was to be used for award presentations (to which people parked there later friday evening anyway), we moved on down the road toward final turn. Lots of power along the fence, was WIDE open. About 1/3 way down, a guy with a large RV was there and as we started to situate the trailer, walked out and said "you know you can't here the PA down here right" ? I thanked him, got on the pit bike, and found a Barber worker to ask about the FM station .. was told "nope, no FM, and that guy is right, you can't hear the pa down there".. i also rode the pit bike to spectate some during the weekend. You can not hear announcements. So by all means, tell me things i know to be true, to be untrue.

I'm not trying to be a dick here, i'm trying to give you information that may or may not save you some trouble at your next event. YOu didn't see fit to ban people from parking across from the tower during the race weekend, nor the days following the scuffle over trailer moving.. no, it was not till it was brought to light in a huge bitch fest on this forum, THEN you said "no more parking there". Fine. I get it. But for goodness sake, understand that racers do NOT want to spend thousands of dollars a weekend on a hobby, only to miss races due to no PA and/or no FM to tune into. Get the FM thing sorted, we have no excuse to miss calls no matter what the PA situation is. And please look around, and talk with racers about pit area parking availability. The paddock did not look full, but when you consider what area was left to park in, that had KNOWN PA AVAILABILITY (and knowing we had no fm), it was tight. 2nd level skid pad- no access. Pit out all along fence (so entire east end of 1st tier where school cars are) - no access. 1st tier more than 1/3 way toward final corner? NOBODY parked down there - no PA access, you would know this if you or an official asked "why is nobody parking down there?" upper tiers- no access as it was held for vintage guys.
    Again... i'm keeping this discussion in this thread, and i'm fairly certain others would say something, but, don't like to be publicly bitch slapped by the wera moderator... me? pain is my middle name ;)

roy826ex likes this.
  2. MELK-MAN

Jennifer, i'm sorry you feel i'm bashing Steven. This is not my intent. The trailer was moved. It was wrong. You know it's wrong, I know it's was wrong, even Bob, in hindsight, knew it was wrong and publicly admitted it took a lot of criticism. Its done and over with. You can't go back in time. It was brought to the officials attention, everyone heard his displeasure... But at some point you have to decide if you are gonna go race and have fun, or continue being infuriated. It appeared to me that Steven had moved on, we had a number of nice conversations, his "2nd sucks" sticker is even on my tire cart now. i met some of the friends you and he had come visit the races.. a good time (so it appeared) was had by all once everyone settled down. I assure you, it's unlikely Bob will be moving anyones' trailer in the future!! His lesson has been certainly learned and others have taken note. I just don't share the same view it was the crime of the century as some would have me believe.

And i wouldn't even be discussing this, NOR had i ever spoken up in Steven's original post regarding the moving of the trailer (cause i knew it was wrong) until some were calling for VANDALISM OF BOB'S TRAILER. I think you would agree, that was uncalled for. The next time i spoke up, and have continued to do so.. is regarding Mongo terminating the area for parking. It's (in my view) a total knee-jerk reaction to a problem that isn't a problem, nor ever was. Had you all been pitted on the 2nd tier next to the bathrooms lets say (i know you pitted where you did to be next to the air conditioned 2nd floor of the tower and bathrooms), and Bob wrongfully moved in next to you there as he did on the 1st tier, and the situation escalated as it did, would he terminate the spots up on the 2nd floor? It just makes no sense to cut off those spots. Again, this is my opinion.. but it sure seems like a clear pit area, and i've posted photos from the recent MotoAmerica round and the track day that was held just after, where people are pitting there with no concern from anyone else..
    Again, please don't take my posts as disrespectful toward Steven. He had a right to be pissed.. i personally would have handled it a bit differently is all.
    regards
    ps: yes ! will see ya at the GNF ! :)

Last edited: Sep 27, 2019
  3. obcbr

obcbr Well-Known Member

Having those spots available would be beneficial. The PA on Tier 1 is terrible. You have to count the races amd know what's coming up in order to safely be on the grid. It's just an added stressor that can be avoided.

roy826ex likes this.
  4. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

This is Jennifer again. Look how you came across seems different to us and that is just our opinion. You seemed to be kissing other guys ass again my opinion here and its fine is what it is. I did not like you displaying what happened in a different light then the reality. Our bitch isn't that someone just simply moved our stuff but the fact that nothing has been said from WERA that this isn't okay behavior, this is the reason of the original post and that's why he was not called out by name. Like you I don't think the reaction was appropriate and I don't see a reason to stop people from pitting there either. But that is for WERA to decide not us. I still am just very disappointed that because it was Steven being moved nothing is being said about it, because the rough relationship but that's not the point here. I just wonder if it was someone else would anything have been addressed that's all. I don't think it is good for any organization to dismiss that kind of behavior that's the bottom line for me. Will we continue to race beside the bad weekend Yes and have because we choose to do so. Yes we made the best out of a bad situation and chose to have fun with our friends and enjoy. Although that did not make me want to go back the next day which me and the kids did not go, this wasn't the only reason but it did play a apart in it.
    We will be at the GNF if you would like to chat further.
    ~Jennifer

5. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

What happened to this thread?

VFR#52 likes this.
  6. E Reed

E Reed Well-Known Member

Obviously someones dirt bike broke down....

TXFZ1, noles19, Shenanigans and 5 others like this.
  7. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Somebody ask about the PA and why can't anyone park down by tower?
    Carry on.

Steven

8. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

:crackup:
    OK, that was funny.

MELK-MAN, Banditracer and E Reed like this.
  9. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Ok back on point for GNF
    Just looked at Friday race schedule.
    Mongo you have HWV7 and MWV7 back to back races.
    Think you can move them apart?

Steven

10. yokohama1

yokohama1 Well-Known Member

Since we are talking back to back races I need some help with logistics. I'm running two different bikes in the Sportsman races on Friday and Saturday. Friday is interesting. Back to back race 1 and 2. Then back to back to back 5,6, and 7. Saturday is not as many races but still three in a row. Races 4,5, and 6.
    No stranger to putting in serious seat time whenever I get to the track, but this year the only weekend I raced, I was able to spread out 8 classes over the one weekend without having any back to back races. Will I be able to do a sighting lap or just hop off and get on the other bike with enough time to grid up? I'm guessing pit location might help somewhat. Obviously help from someone in the pit having the next bike ready to go is important.

Flame away, but it is true that I very rarely get to race so when I get there that is all I want to do. So what I really want to know is how it will work, as I know people do back to back races.

Oh, and we will be running a two person endurance effort Thursday.:flag:

11. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

Hey Yokohama, do you have to switch bikes on your back to backs? Staging them on pit lane is really the only way to do it. I usually got my hot lap that way , but you have to hustle on your cool down lap.

Good luck!

BTW see you in the endurance race!

12. yokohama1

Thanks!
    Yes. Every race except the last two are alternating bikes. That’s a great idea though and believe I remember seeing people doing that.
    Yeah, looking forward to the endurance. Will miss not doing the Ultra LWT but we have had a great time this year.

13. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Someone moved my canopy,and unplugged my extension cord at my last Johnny Cookie track day.
    I set up on Friday,guy next to me couldnt understand..Why would my canopy be collapsed,no bike?
    He thought I had a bad crash,so moved my shit and unplugged my cord.
    Made me think of this thread..
    I didnt lose my shit,just started unplugging cords that were where I used to be
    Unless Its Sunday,and The event is over,keep youre dick grabbers off my shit!!
    Nothing escalated,and I actually liked both my neighbors.
    I was however prepared to stab someone with a trashcan in the face,if need be.
    WTF ?

I am,however going to start taking pics of my pit before I leave,so as to have photo evidence to prevent shit

MELK-MAN likes this.
  14. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Did you tell the fella(s) that the cookie aint crumbling like that? Why not a nice pitch fork with embossed tines that will leave a nice memorable parting scar? What about a fresh bag of uppercuts from Angola? :D

ToofPic likes this.
  15. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

God damn...:crackup::crackup::crackup:

noles19 likes this.
  16. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

dont forget to swap transponder between bikes if you don't have one for each bike

JBall, MELK-MAN and yokohama1 like this.
  17. yokohama1

I’ve got one for each bike.

JBall and Shenanigans like this.
  18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Melka started making excuses for himself and his friends yet again....

VFR#52 likes this.
  19. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Are we still worried about parking space???

Hey Mongo, Suzuki has 2 grand contingency listed for GNF LWTSS. Is that for the sportsman win or the National overall Championship?

20. MELK-MAN

Hey Steven.. i emailed Barber and am told PA should be up and running now on that lower level toward final turn (yes, it really didn't work over in that area).
    Mongo indicated fixing the FM setup for the event should not be a problem (not sure how he will do it, Barber reply was it doesn't work) but we are counting on him ! will really help to have FM station to hear calls.

The no parking across from tower is Mongo's decision after the last round issue with Bob moving your trailer and the hubbub that ensued after that on your thread you posted awhile back. You had EVERY right to be pissed, it was wrong, my gripe is not with you in any way, but with why Mongo decided to ban parking in that spot..
    I respect his decision, even if i don't agree with why or how he arrived at that decision, especially when people have often parked there for years. Had you been parked on the 2nd tier, and Bob moved your trailer, would he have banned us from parking in the 2nd tier ?? i think not.. so you can see my confusion :)
    Anyway..is what it is, that spot is auto parking only now, LET'S HAVE FUN ! "2ND SUCKS" :)

Last edited: Sep 28, 2019
    ToofPic and VFR#52 like this.