1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GNF

Discussion in 'General' started by E Reed, Sep 13, 2019.

1. Not sure why they would rent it to MA, its just a club race :D

2. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

You can have your opinions on all this other stuff but I was there that weekend walking through the paddock and it was far from full, even with the areas closed off as you described.

VFR#52 likes this.
  3. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

you are failing to comprehend what i described earlier, on why people were not parking on the lower tier by the final corner. No PA AND NO FM station to listen to for race calls...and clearly not remembering the entire area at pit out along fence was roped off for wedding, and are you also not understanding spots with 30/50 amp service are limited. that spot that he took by moving an open trailer 3 or 4 feet, was THE LAST SPOT with power. I and others looked around when the shit hit the fan with Steven... nothing left that 1) was not roped off for wedding or used by other outfits like vintage guys and skid pad by cars on second level and 2) that you could at least hear with some regularity, the race calls from the PA.. One guy with a giant RV and stacker trailer parked sideways taking up a lot of spots. It was full, when you consider all but empty pavement.
    In June of last year, i parked right at pit IN fairly close to the fence, a bit away from the tower stair well. this june there were some cones there, and an official said i could not park there, it was an area to be used for award presentations. I parked across from tower against the hill heading to 2nd tier. Sure as shit.. a bunch of people ended up MOVING CONES and about 3 or 4 trailers parked right there at pit out along the fence, but there was still some open space for award ceremony . do you really think they would have parked there if there were other reasonable spots ?
    your opinion is one, just as mine is, but i talked with others that were there about this. Perhaps if Mongo actually walked around and talked with racers during the weekends and "pressed the flesh" a bit, he'd get some feedback on the spot (ccs officials do this A LOT, just sayin), vs only negative reactions on an internet forum..

4. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

I comprehend everything you're saying, which is all the perfect spots were full. It was probably one of the worst setup pits I've ever seen at Barber. People were parking like idtios and it was messy, but there was still room, it was not even close to the "last spot" available.

VFR#52 and MELK-MAN like this.
  5. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

i will agree with that... i guess my bigger gripe is this. Why the need to stop people from parking in the spot across from the tower, where people have pitted since the facility opened? My opinion, it was a knee-jerk reaction. He says he has his reasons and that he "should have done this a long time ago". I just fail to see the rationale behind it. This conflict of one rider moving another riders trailer, however wrong it was, could have occurred anywhere in the paddock. The spot it occurred was not in any way due to the location of the offense.
    My rants won't likely change anything, i just shake my head at what i view (again, my opinion) of a silly reaction to a relatively inconsequential incident between two riders and their stuff.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes, you can run the Sportsman sprints you raced prior to the GNF as well as any National and AMA and Vintage classes you are legal for.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Quite simply I'm tired of the bullshit. It is a tiny area in a huge paddock. There are spaces with access to power that go unused every event along the hot pit fence, the handful of people that thought they were special can use those.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Letters went out this morning.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

For such an experienced well traveled racer as you are it truly floors me that you can't pay attention to what is going on on the track.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What an absolute crock of utter bullshit. I'm so glad the CCS officials can wander around talking to the racers, I spend my time during the race day usually behind a computer making sure things are running smoothly on and off track with accurate scoring. I don't have time to socialize, I have a job to do for my customers and I'm going to do it. I am on here and other social media sites as well as email damn near every day getting input from our riders. Positive and negative. To try and pretend I don't communicate with our riders is just stupid.

On this specific incident, just where do you think I was all weekend?

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

People have not pitted there since the facility was open. Unlike you I've actually been running races there since it opened. It wasn't an issue until the power poled got put in that corner...

You really need to stop making shit up to justify your opinion. It is not a knee jerk reaction and you quoting me even shows that. It has gotten worse and worse in that corner for the last couple of years as more people want to be lazy/special/whatever. It is not needed as paddock space for racers. Not one of your "reasons" changes that fact.

The bullshit at the last event absolutely was because of the location. Chuck wants to be in the special up front location. Chucks friends want to pit with Chuck. They all want to plug in there. Even using your bitching about the PA it is because of that specific location.

12. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

All I can see when reading this is ...

tenor.gif

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Absolutely spot on :crackup:

14. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

4DD02389-174F-4057-86AB-EF1B7AE6FE33.jpeg
    Sean - is this spot your talking about? Planning to bring the TH and I’d like to use power if possible.

Tks
    M

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That is a great spot for power all along there - please pull/back in to save space. Just have to run the cord under the fence and the Zoom peeps will help you with getting through the gate to plug in. The same type of area on the other (T1) side of the tower should be open as well for the GNF.

Interestingly that is an old picture prior to the power being put into the corner everyone wants :D

16. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Thanks!

One more thing (and I likely know the answer already) - are you guys fully staffed for tech/grid?

I emailed Emily, but figured since you’re on here tonight. :D

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No clue but I'd guess yes. Emily will answer when she gets time, between getting us out of town tomorrow and some family stuff she's been swamped this week.

18. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Ten four. :D

Kick Kurt in the knee at Nelson and tell him Mom likes me more.

E Reed likes this.
  19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Oh lord he's going to be there? :eek:

More slaying...what a night :crackup:

20. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Yes - Peter Pan will be there...:D