1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GNF

Discussion in 'General' started by E Reed, Sep 13, 2019.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Last I checked the wouldn't rent us the track for club racing - and that was before getting to price :crackup:

TLR67 likes this.
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ahhh, the good old days. Upside is I'll have plenty of power and space around me :D

TurboBlew and MELK-MAN like this.
  3. No Brakes

No Brakes Well-Known Member

Any chance we can break the lwt Sb from V6 LW? I’d like to get race both but there’s always a conflict. Maybe swap v6 mw with v6 lw.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Email me and I'll look at it. No promises tho.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No it is not remotely what the facility intended. Keep bitching, just makes me more positive I've made the right call.

6. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

meanwhile.. pretty sweet parking area. Power poles, etc.Pretty clear the facility intended for it to be pit parking. at least for some of it, minus the handicapped parking that these guys did leave open.
    [​IMG]

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The addition of lines doesn't change what I said. From the first handicapped spot to the right and forward it is not and was never intended as paddock parking.

8. MELK-MAN

more outlaws parking in the wrong spot right across from the tower .. didn't Barber mgmt get the memo out to everyone ?? :crackup:
    needed to bump this thread up anyway with the GNF right around the corner.

[​IMG]

9. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

are those 10x20s?? nice... Ive always liked the spot right across from there against the fence. :D

MELK-MAN likes this.
  10. yokohama1

yokohama1 Well-Known Member

This has been asked in the past but can't remember the answer
    I was only able to run one DH weekend this season but want to make it to the GNF as we are running endurance and would like to be able to run sprints. Will I get an invite to run the sprints I participated in if I only did one weekend? Thanks.

11. MELK-MAN

i only did 1 round as well, Barber in June and will be there (did same thing last year, Barber in June, GNF in Oct)
    You can run all the sprints you entered that one round if not mistaken...

12. E Reed

E Reed Well-Known Member

Yes, you can run the regional sprint classes that you ran in that previous round. You can also run the National classes and the AMA RRGC classes.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  13. yokohama1

yokohama1 Well-Known Member

That's what I thought but wasn't sure as I had heard that it may be at least two rounds. Also assume WERA still sends a written invite? Was going to see how I felt about National races after a LOT of track time Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Only thing I will be missing is the lack of U LWT endurance race.

14. tawzx12r

tawzx12r Influencer to none

Serious question mongo.... I guess I missed the previous conversation ... Why are you declaring this space off limits.?

MELK-MAN likes this.
  15. tdelegram

tdelegram Well-Known Member

When’s the schedule coming out?

16. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

MELK-MAN likes this.
  17. tawzx12r

tawzx12r Influencer to none

Funny if you wish but no need to troll...
    Down on that flat to the right is a perfect spot for an endurance team to pit with the amount of stuff they have to haul onto hotpit. Thus I ask why is that off limits..?? It used to be where they parked the Porsche cars but lately they have been up on the third tier.

18. MELK-MAN

my take, and Mongo may not/does not agree.
    As you know, people have been pitting in that spot for years. I have raced there from 2003-2008 or so while ccs raced there. Always people there. Chuck Ivey and others have pitted there the 3 times in past 1.5 yrs i have been attending with WERA. The handicapped spots have always been respected, and i think in the last 3 visits, i don't think anyone occupied a single handicapped spot. There are numerous lined spaces in front of the tower where some officials, flaggers, track maint. workers park, and nobody has ever blocked those spots..

FF to June. A racer, his wife, and newborn were pitted with a small open trailer right near the handicapped spots on back side of Ivey's rig, he had a TON of space. Because the PA system DOES NOT WORK on the 1st level toward the final turn, NOR DOES THE FM STATION, nobody can park on the first level more than a bit past pit in.. or you can't hear ANY calls. Then half the 2nd tier was blocked off for car skid pad practice, and some vintage stuff was relegated to the 3rd.. FURTHERMORE, there was a wedding, and nobody could park in the great spot right along fence at pit OUT, across from the fleet of Porsche cars used in the driving schools. SO, as you can imagine, it was fukin tight for space. A rider needing 30/50amp service, with a large toyhauler, moved the guys small open trailer over a few feet so he could squeeze into the last available spot in the paddock. Literally. Well, that's not ideal, and this individual fukin lost it and made quite a scene in the garage sign up area. Rightfully so some would argue... BUT, i offered that rider power if he needed it (i was parked on opposite side of handicapped spot from Chuck and Bob Fischer (Bob is who moved the guys trailer a few feet over). WE ALL HAD A GREAT TIME, everyone had plenty of space, fun for the whole family. UNTIL..... That rider that had his trailer moved, started a thread here (forgot the title) and things were discussed, pitchforks sharpened, torches lit, "how dare anyone move anyone's shit!" was screamed from the mountaintops, and i said something when one poster proposed Bob should have his trailer vandalized next time.. (that's just fukin stupid).
    Enter Mongo, with a swift knee-jerk reaction, declares that ENTIRE AREA off limits to any pit parking. Even though there are 5 or so 30/50 amp plugs, and people park there but leave the handicapped spots open.
    His playground, he makes the rules, i just think it was a silly reaction to a problem that would have been the same problem had it been in any other part of the paddock.
    La fin... (the end)

19. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

You really have an interesting way of trying to persuade people. Good luck.

20. BC

BC Well-Known Member

I vote Mongo designates the area Stevensville and only let's him pit there.

I'll donate $100 to the aff to see it happen.

#dontfwithmytrailer