1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GNF Schedule

Discussion in 'General' started by Due North, Aug 14, 2000.

1. Due North

Due North Source of Insanity

Hey Sean: when can we expect the schedule for the GNF?

2. Due North

Due North Source of Insanity

Vacation scheduling and all.....

3. WERA

WERA Administrator

No can do before I leave for VIR but I'm hoping to be able to put the finishing toucehs on it next week. Basically it'll be the same as last year but with another Suzuki Cup race I've got some minor stuff to rearrange.

4. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

Food for thought. How about not combining expert & novices in the 0-500 practice.

5. WERA

WERA Administrator

Done deal, too many at the GNF and since those classes will be done on Thursday they'll need session as clean as we can make them.

6. Tracee Polcin

Thank you, as now I will not have beg to get in the 600 EX practice. [​IMG]

7. robw122

robw122 Well-Known Member

hey sean, v6 still gets its' own race right?
    thanks, rob.

8. WERA

WERA Administrator

Yup. V6 will be all by it's lonesome (I think...what the heck did I do last year?).

9. Tracee Polcin

99 GNF the V6 was run all by it's lonesome. You can't use the HWY-twins to get in each others way to make up time on your competitors that way.

10. CharlieM#90

CharlieM#90 Well-Known Member

Oh no it wasn't. I was in that nasty mix of Hw Twins and V6.

I remember it well.....on my Aprilia. Those guys were really p*****g me off goin' down the back straight - they just wouldn't hold up long enough for me to tuck behind 'em and get a good tow. And then they had the gall to whine to everyone that the Aprilia was too damn slow. Jeez. If those guys hadn't been in such a rush to get to turn 10, I coulda gotten a good draft behind them....Strictly their own fault.
    WERA shoulda fined 'em. Big Bucks. They were going waaaaaay too fast. Coulda hurt somebody.

Charlie McCullough WERA#90 Ex

11. Tracee Polcin

Charlie I believe you have been taking too many percocets. My pit mate was the 99 SE V6 champion, on a SS FZR400. He always hated going to the GNF because it was run by it's self. He could use the slower twins to hold up the big bore V6 bikes at the regionals but not at the GNF because it was run by it's self.

12. CharlieM#90

CharlieM#90 Well-Known Member

Maybe your pitmate is the one takin' the percocets. Check last years GNF schedule. Race 14 on thursday was HW Twins EX/NV _AND_ V6.
    Trust me. I was in the race. Not fun. Was on the Aprilia on the front row having won SE & Mid-Cent HW Twins. And was VERY unseasy about having them big Twins and big 4'Cyls behind me on the starting grid. And the worst part is that it was restarted 3 times. I was livin' dangerous that day. [​IMG] And decided that if it got started YET AGAIN, I was just going to go line up in my own little private race behind V6 - didn't like the idea of being run over by THAT freight train goin' into turn1.

Charlie Mc #90

13. Tracee Polcin

Damn wrong twice in one day!!! OK I am going to beat myself up on my mountain bike some more tonight.

14. Bryon K. Dumas

Bryon K. Dumas Well-Known Member

I'll have to concur with Charlie that the '99 GNF was Heavyweight Twins EX & NV and V6combined since I was in the race also. Ahhh, the fond memories.....tucking in behind one of those Godzilla motored dinosaurs down the back straight and wondering how in the hell these relics can still go as fast as they do.
    And then watching them throw the boat anchors out in the corners. Guess its kinda hard to turn a 700 pound bike from the Nixon era [​IMG]. It was a nightmare but for some strange reason I had a great time. But on the other hand I enjoy apexing the corners at the local grocery store isles.

15. cb500

cb500 long hair hippie freak

there was a post about 125's in that
    race and the speed diffrences.
    I rembering watching them coing down the
    strait. it was also red flaged
    it was scarey

16. Diesel

Diesel Well-Known Member

So you're the guy who passed me in the condiments aisle while I was scrubbing in my shopping-cart wheels.

17. wera122

wera122 Guest

That's funny. I do the same thing while walking downtown and in office buildings. Look far ahead, scope out the clean line, and dive inside to make the pass.

Everything is a race. It's a disease I tell ya! [​IMG]