1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GNF Racers - LOCK YOUR STUFF UP

Discussion in 'General' started by f4idrew, Oct 1, 2010.

1. f4idrew

f4idrew #800

Friendly PSA for the GNF racers.

Lock your stuff up, put your bike in your trailers at night, and keep an eye out on your fellow racers stuff.

Thieves SUCK:down:

2. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

They move the GNF to NJMP? :D :Poke:

Seriously, Road ATL and Daytona were two of the tracks that had a lot of petty theft from paddock spaces during AMA weekends. Even less than what was seen at Fontana, if you can believe that.

3. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

Lets see, GNF 08 bathroom on the hill was wrecked by a racer or someone during the banquet. June of this year someone tore a bathroom up with a pit bike or something. Yeah certain people suck.

4. f4idrew

f4idrew #800

Yeah.. I had a fresh set of tires taken as I was sleeping in a tent 2' away. Heard of parts missing off bikes, etc, etc. It isnt your normal 'safe' paddock

5. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Cable locks are your friends. I get people asking me why everything I own seems to be locked down, and my response is "because I want it to stay there". I do it at pretty much every track, it's not a bad habit. It would SUCK to come off the track and find an EU3000 has grown legs.

6. BigBird

BigBird blah

It sucks that we have to do this in General. Having something stolen is one of the worst feelings and in reality should never happen. Especially with our "brother/sisterhood" of motorcycles, you think some people would understand and just know some things are off limits.

THIEVES SUCK! :mad:

7. gixxersmitty

gixxersmitty Well-Known Member

My friends laugh at me all the time because I've got 60 feet of steel braided cable and a handful of locks locking everything up. Funny thing is, I can remember several times when none of them thought it was funny or stopped me when I was running my cables through their stuff and locking it up.

8. gixxie750

gixxie750 Well-Known Member

I will run my go pro all night. I hate theives and will deff be on the lookout. Thanks for the heads up!

9. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Well that sucks.

Now I'll have to pack tripwire, too. Haven't decided yet whether it'll be connected to something that goes 'pop', 'bang' or 'Boom'...

10. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Every time I fumble with keys and a cup of coffee, etc. when I'm trying to get in a vehicle I curse thieves. Weren't for them I could just open the door, but nooooo, everything has to be locked up. Bastards.

11. SurfingRools

SurfingRools Well-Known Member

Now I know to wear extra Camo.

12. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

Well now that we know we will steal the go pro also.

:Poke:

13. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Now that we are in the pro paddock its better.

14. XACT-Man

XACT-Man Not that fast....

:crackup:

15. Strickette

Strickette Katy, TX

Tailgate locks are recommended too. Unfortunately we lost a tailgate at GNF before we realized one was necessary. :down:

LOCK IT ALL DOWN!!

16. Huey130

Huey130 Chief wrench thrower

Most important: Wallet goes into the locked truck / car whilst out on the track in your leathers! Keys goto someone you know or hidden somewhere that people you know know where they are.

17. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

Or you could pay me to beat the shit out of a caught thief.
    I got my technique down and everything.

18. scott65

scott65 Well-Known Member

You think? Not so, ask me how I know.

19. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

You are the master of the peanut dish, no? :D

20. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

They were in the pro paddock when Drew and Katie got hit in 08.