1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GNF Endurance Proposal...

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by couch, Sep 16, 2013.

1. couch

couch Well-Known Member

First off... we appreciated the calls and correspondence from WERA regarding the event cancellation. I'm sure it was not a easy decision.

From our standpoint, both options (October & November) are difficult... and the weather may also be an issue for the later date.

TOBC would propose that the GNF round be changed to a double header... run as an eight hour race. As an incentive, TOBC Racing will post a $3,000 payout among the three classes and may also offer some quantity of tires to those finishing below third place... we'll see what we can come up with... I have to think that this will also save WERA some money and time (given that they won't have to schedule another date and track).

We will bring three teams... and our teams (one bike in each class) will not be eligible for the payout.

I hope we can reach a consensus on this one... and if so, I hope we can drum up a little publicity for the event and pull in a few more racers.

2. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

We support this plan, and loudly say thanks to Jon for putting it out there.

3. BEi/DunlopRace

BEi/DunlopRace Well-Known Member

Only problem with doing a 8 hour when there are only 3 more events in the series, is that it puts too much importance on that one race. One screw up and you season is done (points wise). If we are going to do it, I'd rather have two 4 hour races back to back on the same day. We did this several years ago at VIR and it turned out great.

4. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Would love to do some sort of double thing (however we figure it out) at GNF! That would definitely be the easiest for us. :up:

edit: Very cool idea Jon!

Last edited: Sep 16, 2013
  5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I had forgotten about the VIR double....very interesting thought for sure. Thanks for the reminder!

6. couch

couch Well-Known Member

This just in from Facebook... from Evelyne.

"The other big news that came this weekend - Summit Point this coming weekend has been canceled and the WERA National Endurance will be on Friday at the October Road Atlanta event and the Pirelli/WERA Vintage/Solo and Sprint races are moved to November 116/17 at Summit Point. Hate to make a call this late in the game but it is in the best interest of WERA, our Staff, Corner Workers and Riders.....trust me."

No double round... no payout... proposal declined... I suppose we'll see you in Atlanta.

7. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

As mentioned on the other thread...I dont think the proposal was seen before that release.

I would like to do some sort of double endurance. Rep to TOBC.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Evelyne has made her decision. I hope to have the Road Atlanta schedule done today.