1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GM tech needed for 2011 Suburban (outside temp not reading correctly)

Discussion in 'General' started by njracer, Aug 3, 2020.

1. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

Battery was dying over the course of a few days and it finally died the other day. Tossed a battery charger on, put it to start and started up the truck. AC was blowing heat while set to 67 degrees and I noticed the outside temperature reading 55 degrees on the dash (was 90 outside). Disconnected the battery and was able to get the AC to run.

However, the dash is still reading 55 degrees.

If this is just a matter of replacing the ambient temp sensor, great. The few vids I've seen require you to remove the bumper cover. Any work around for this?

Thanks!

Brian

BTW, new battery was put in this morning and the temp is still reading 55 degrees.

2. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

I'd look at the temp sensor first. Just a thermistor. You should be able to find a resistance chart to verify the part is bad, before buying another one, or getting one from a junkyard. I don't think they are terribly expensive, though.

3. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

Found a fix.

It was just a simple re-calibration by holding down the recirc and AC button.