1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Global Supply Chain / Parts Shortages

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, Sep 21, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

Could be, they are made in China, stamped right on the part, we have received counterfeit chips before from Asia thus my comment.

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Well, at least it wasnt a Chinese broker. :D

Franchised distributor or a broker?

3. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

Franchised distributor I believe, I offered to pay using my corporate AMEX or PayPay but they wanted the funds wired to them

Edit: We received chips from a broker a while back that ended up being counterfeit, we didn't catch it in time and ended up eating $55k on the deal

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeah, TT /wire in is sop. Amex takes too much $ and almost no one I remember liked or tried to use PayPal.
    I used to deal with a few distis and brokers out of Singapore and they were pretty good. When I did get counterfeit parts (maybe 1 in 100 transactions) out of there it was almost always made right.

Good luck. :up:

5. OldSchlPunk

OldSchlPunk Well-Known Member

I'm an LTL truck driver. We keep hiring drivers and can't keep up, nobody's leaving. Besides that, last week I delivered some kayaks to a place and commented: hell of a time to be getting kayaks. His reply was: this is 1/4 of the order we were supposed to be getting in May of '20!

What I'm hearing is similar to what others are saying: at least another year for this to start working it's self out providing nothing else takes a shit in the mean time. If containers can't get off of ships or trucked to the destination in a timely manner, they aren't getting back to port in a timely manner and hence, not getting back to shippers in a timely fashion.

Just in time supply chain philosophy is a great idea as long as the chain keeps moving. Any break causes a rolling reaction.

ToofPic likes this.

Attached Files:

7. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Most modern container ships have a crew of about 25 to 50 or there abouts

8. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

9. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I've been thinking about buying a little 110v mig welder for awhile, decided yesterday to do it. Tractor Supply carries a Hobart I decided on, went to my local store, none in stock, don't know when we might get any. They did a search and found one in a store 30 miles away, last one on their shelf too. So I just went and grabbed it, figured I'd better or might be out of luck for awhile.

10. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Don’t sweat it. Just give it a few more years at the most. The total implosion of the United States in every dimension will dry up demand for consumer goods right quick and the supply chain issue will disappear overnight.

23103a likes this.
  11. sbkidd

sbkidd Well-Known Member

You care to elaborate on your insights?

12. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

We’ve reached a point of systemic complexity that’s obviously beyond the ability of our institutions to manage. To be honest, at a high level that’s all there really is to it.

Rebel635 and cortezmachine like this.
  13. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Where do we subscribe to your newsletter?

14. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

I use 20" Schwalbe tubeless tires on the rear of my handcycle. Heard rumors of shortages. Called my go to guy and he was out of stock. Schwalbe wouldn't even give him a next supply date. I know, first world problem. Just seems like EVERYTHING is in high demand.

15. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

demand dis go up, especially for recreational products. But keep in mind supply was stopped or drastically cut globally.

16. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

What width 20" and you know that you don't have to use tubeless ?

17. deathwagon

deathwagon Well-Known Member

Trying to get my driveway re-done. 6 month backlog just to get pavers.

Trying to get a metal roof installed. 5 month wait to get materials.

9mm ammo prices were dropping ever so slightly, but now it's going back up again, rather than falling.

This is the vegetable section at my local Walmart and it's been like that 2 out of the last 3 times I've gone. You know things are bad when Americans have depleted the National hot dog supply and have to resort to eating veggies.

a1.JPG

dtalbott likes this.
  18. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Easy when you tell people they can't work and pay them to stay home you run out of stuff. Once you run out of stuff (on demand run out faster) it takes time to get it back as all along the process folks are dependent on inputs that might also be waiting. There is more to it than this but that is the simple problem, the rest belongs in the dungeon.

jd41 and YamahaRick like this.
  19. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Whatcha in short supply of that could be produced by a garage shop? Im potentially out of a job soon. Looking for options i like making n fixing stuff

20. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Running Schwalbe One tubeless 20" x 28mm. Yes, I know I don't have to run tubeless but they roll and feel so much better. I have 1 spare tire and wanted to buy a second spare just in case. So, I'm not desperate for a solution.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.