1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gimme a good shrimp & grits recipe

Discussion in 'General' started by TEAMLIKETYSPLIT, Nov 1, 2013.

1. TEAMLIKETYSPLIT

TEAMLIKETYSPLIT In Limbo

Got a craving that won't stop for shrimp and grits. I'm a pretty good cook, but i want to keep it simple...cooking for myself and people at work. Yankees that don't know about grits need not post :D

2. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Sheik Abdul ben Falafel Well-Known Member

You trying to make southern style, georgia style, or old charleston style?

It is one of my fave breakfast dishes to make!

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I can't recall the ingredients for the shripm, but I use stone ground grits cooked in butter, heavy cream and chicken stock.

4. SloMo510

SloMo510 Still Slow

Get in your car, drive down to Pensacola, to Fish house, order grits a-ya-ya and bottomless mimosas or bloody marys. Gouda cheese grits, grilled shrimp, covered in a mushroom reduction gravy, served with garlic toast. If you complete the meal, fall into food coma...

Damnit, now i'm drooling on my keyboard

5. TEAMLIKETYSPLIT

TEAMLIKETYSPLIT In Limbo

Sheik, southern style.
    SloMo, why you think i'm having the craving? Went to Fish House the week of the 4th and xompletely gorged myself on the Shrimps and grits. I told the coworkers about it the other day and now we are on a mission

6. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

"Kiss my grits"!

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

8. SloMo510

SloMo510 Still Slow

:beer:

hey, its only a 2-3 hr ride down.. they don't open till 11AM.... bring a whole car load, then go sit on the beach for the afternoon and take a siesta....

Next time I come through Montgomery I could be persuaded to bring an order or 4 with me, hahaha

9. SloMo510

SloMo510 Still Slow

well there ya go....the exact recipe.... might just have to wander down there sunday morning myself.... mmmmm grits.....

10. TEAMLIKETYSPLIT

TEAMLIKETYSPLIT In Limbo

OMG!! I just creamed my britches a little...

11. TEAMLIKETYSPLIT

TEAMLIKETYSPLIT In Limbo

I'm in on that! :beer:

12. G 97

G 97 Garth

Ok you southern hack I'm headed to the grocery store :rock: