1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting started

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by DylanShaver, Mar 18, 2013.

1. DylanShaver

DylanShaver SDS736

When is the next minimoto at vir? I've got the xr, can I run the xr80 front wheel in the stock class? Help me get started... Please. Do they break it up by age or just by cc's???

2. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

well vir's league isn't wera... wera has a mini class you can run also just so you know.
    to answer your questions yes you can run the xr80 wheel in the stock class and its broken down by cc's unless you're young. i think they have atleast two classes you can run on your 100.
    for more specifics you should join vir's supermoto facebook group
    www.facebook.com/groups/VIRSupermoto/

3. DylanShaver

DylanShaver SDS736

Awesome, thanks for the info. Do you run with the vir group?

4. noles19

yes when i can i do. i also run mini/supermoto trackdays at cmp kart track.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It really is okay talking about non wera stuff :D

6. noles19

i can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not :eek:

7. DylanShaver

DylanShaver SDS736

Was wondering myself!!! So if I asked are there any wera racers making the little tally AHRMA event next weekend would that be ok?.... Anybody going? I am, racing the sv!!! Nice class turnout last year, hope its the same this year.

8. raddad13

raddad13 Well-Known Member

Bring the 100 to tally in april for the wera round there should be a few other 100's and a couple nsr's

9. DylanShaver

DylanShaver SDS736

They acutualy run 100's on the full course. I mean I know it's not that big of a track but really??? The 100??? What's the grid look like?

10. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

If enough people show up Tally is fun on a mini. I think I ran a 1:28 there on my mildly hotrodded XR100. Slow compared to a serious race bike but not so slow as to be boring. You'll enjoy it!

11. noles19

a good idea if you haven't already is to switch to a 420 chain,and xr80 sprockets
    the xr80 has much better sprocket options and they are pretty cheap 7-15.00 for front sprockets and around 25 for rear. if you run tally im sure you will need to gear it down, i have a 47 rear and swap between a 14 and 15 front i also have a 16 front which is the biggest front you can fit.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ha!

Not. Working with people wanting to get started is fine. Telling them in that context about your own group or where other groups are near them is fine.

Basically the rule of thumb is spam in the context of answer a legitimate question is just fine. Spam to start a thread isn't (although I'm a lot more lenient in this forum on that stuff too).

It's like emails I get from people looking to get into racing, I'll of course try to get them to race with us but if we don't run near them I'll give them info on tracks close to them and the orgs running at those tracks. If it helps the sport it'll help us all.

13. noles19

haha thanks!
    what about posting a event date and info like i have before?(sorry i should have asked before i did that) they will never be on the same dates as a wera race,and i don't make any profit from it.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Go for it. If it's too much I'll let you know.

15. noles19

thanks mongo!

16. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Yes, always bring your XR100s to the track and sign up for the minis.

I do 1:34-35s on mine there and it's stock except for gearing, that's pretty much WFO everywhere. It's pretty boring when you are by yourself, it's a hoot when there are people to race. I keep signing up hoping more people make the grid.

17. nigel smith

Every time the minis grid up at Tally without me, I get envious. My weekend is pretty busy keeping Caleb's bike on the track. Maybe at the Tally national I can get out there Sunday!

18. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Cheater.

I'm bringing some pre-printed forms, gonna throw down a protest in the minis.

:D

<edit> Maybe that's what we need to get people on the grid, some drama.

19. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Ima bring my 80 and kick both your asses with my 50 extra pounds and 20 less cc's.

20. nigel smith

My bike is definitely faster than yours. How about we pit half way and swap bikes? I want my bike for the last half:D.
    Or, we could smack each other's face shield with a race glove at the rider's meeting to build some interest.