1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Get Well Ed V.!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by Kyle602, Sep 14, 2009.

1. Kyle602

Kyle602 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Sep 14, 2009
  2. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

Sending get well wishes too.

3. Czar

Czar Well-Known Member

Ed hope you heal quickly - when I watched you play Superman and then tumble like a gymnast I felt for you - hope the recovery goes well. Take care.

4. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Heal up fast ED :(

5. OldSlowGuy

OldSlowGuy Unregistered User

Heal up fast Ed!!!

6. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

Yeah, that sounded like a bad crash. IIRC you did an endo over someone else's crashed bike. Good on you for trying hard not to run over the fallen rider and instead running over his equipment.

Get well fast! :up:

7. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

I "think" I may have up close vid of it. They had just passed my son and he was right behind them. So, his helmet cam may have caught it all. I haven't looked yet though.

8. Outsider V6 V7

Outsider V6 V7 Well-Known Member

Ray Hickman and his wife got Eds truck and trailer to Knoxville on Sunday without incident. When I talked with Ray last night he told me that Eds wife had rented a car Monday and drove Ed back to Knoxville in time to get surgery on his lower leg. Apparently no compound fracture but both bones broken. I believe they are planning on releasing him tomorrow. I'm sure Ed will bring everybody up to speed on his condition when they finally take him off the pain meds.

9. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

Heal up sweetie!

10. porkyb

porkyb Chasing LWT Twins

Heal up soon.!!!!

11. twostroke

twostroke Well-Known Member

Damn Ed

I thought you never crash! With your great nurse you'll be better in no time. Call if I can do anything.

12. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

Rub some dirt in it and walk it off.

13. EdV

EdV 129 Race Team

Thanks to those who helped getting my trailer packed up and on its way back to Tennessee (Ray & Mysta, Dave Gay, Scott Padgett). Sharon said that many stopped by and offered assistance, thanks to you all as well.

The cornerworkers were right there to help as soon as the rider in front of me and I went down. I did my best to avoid the fallen rider, but hit the bike as it followed. The ambulance EMTs and the folks at UAB got me stabilized and on my way to Knoxville for surgery at UT Medical Center Monday evening. Clean break of the fibula and tibia, left leg. I'm home now recuperating.

Sorry for the red flag delay on a busy day of races, dodging rain showers.

Thanks for all of your good wishes, to Scorpion for absorbing quite a hit, and finally to Ed Bargy for his concern and effort to make race days as safe as they can be for us WERA racers.

14. F4Scott

F4Scott Step out of the car

Glad to help out, Ed. I've been on your side of this before, all the WERA Peeps and those at UAB are top notch :up: Glad you are home and recuperating. I know being home makes it MUCH better. Mad props go out to Sharon. You could tell she was shaken (who wouldn't be) but she maintained her cool and took care of what needed to be taken care of. :up:

Keep us up to date.
    We'll see you back at the track soon,

Scott P.

15. MR-MICROPHONE

MR-MICROPHONE Breakin' the Law!!

Ed,

Wow, that dismount was a little ugly. :wow: I mean that in the nicest of ways! :D I know you had no control over it and I thought you did a great job of missing Darrell. I think you were focused on him and not running him over and his bike snuck out in front of you before you could get slowed down enough. Your feet must have been 10-12 feet in the air during your somersault. :eek: I knew the hit was going to hurt. Even though the tib/fib is bad enough, I'm glad you are otherwise ok. I thought you might have jammed your back as well.

Oh and no apology necessary for the red flag. That was the only one we had all day but these things happen. We did finish the day on time without having to alter the schedule. Probably a good thing we went from 8 laps to 6 to start with. That definitely helped.

Heal up quickly and hope to see you back out there real soon.
    :beer: To the nice guy!!

Jeff

Last edited: Sep 17, 2009
  16. EdV

EdV 129 Race Team

One problem with thanking the many folks who helped you out after a fall is that you try and do so while with pain-killing drugs in your system and you inevitably forget someone - in this case, more than one someone. Tony and Fayneesha Pentecost drove to UAB Sunday nite after a full day of racing to be with me and Sharon, and we sure do appreciate their friendship. The "129 Race Team" has, over the years, visited its share of emergency rooms and ICU's across the South. Tony and Fayneesha do all that they can at the track and the hospital to support us. Thanks so much to you both.