1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

German Chocolate Cake

Discussion in 'General' started by ryoung57, Dec 17, 2018.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Just ate a piece. Delicious, but it brings up a question. Why the coconut? There’s no palm trees in Germany.

2. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Samuel German. Who was not German.

3. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

MachineR1 and ChemGuy like this.
  4. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

My wife makes a made-from-scratch German Chocolate cake that is incredible. I only get that on my birthday since it takes her all day to make it. It’s worth the wait.

Phl218 likes this.
  5. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Damn German Empirelism! You know, nation collecting, before nation collecting led to world warefare and stuff. Twice.

6. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Yeah funny right? Schwarzwald torte is German. Sacher torte Austrian, equally nom nom.

7. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

8. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Ooooooooh. Hungarian chocolate cake. Eight layers. About I don't even want to think about how much butter. Back and forth into the fridge with the frosting. I'll have to work back up to that. :cool:

9. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

Thanks to this thread, I'm about to get in my car and go get me a cake because it's been 5 years since I've had German chocolate cake.

opinion914, pscook and rd400racer like this.
  10. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

You’re welcome

Prospect likes this.
  11. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

For the ambitious! Enjoy!

Attached Files:

Sabre699 and BigBird like this.
  12. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

My wife just made a carrot cake. Betterer than all that chocolate and/or German scheist!!!!

13. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

German Chocolate Cake is the only food that has more power over me than Rocky Road Ice Cream. I can eat a whole one before hating myself for several days.

14. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

The bakery is out of German chocolate cake.

[​IMG]

15. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

While GCC is certainly good it can't hold a candle to my Grand Mother's coconut cake. So much coconut you can feel your arteries plugging up while you eat it.

16. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Pie > cake

/thread

17. Phl218

Phl218 .

#Schokoladenkuchenweltherrschaft

18. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Pie is far greater than cake, but german chocolate cake is the only cake I like.

19. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

That's easy for you to say. :D

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

If you ever get to Staufen in South west Germany there is a bakery there that does a German chocolate cake that will make you jizz your jordaches at the mere sight of it. Cafe Decker I think is the name of the place.
    Can't remember it having coconut but then again I shoved that piece of cake (which was the size of wheel barrow tire) in my cake hole so fast I think I also ate the plate, the table clothe and 3 forks, a knife and a coffee cup in with it.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
    Phl218 likes this.