1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gen4 ZX-10R Tuning

Discussion in 'Tech' started by sdiver, Feb 28, 2017.

1. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

I recently purchased a Gen4 ZX-10R for the street. It came with a full Ti Akrapovic pipe and was flashed by a local shop with a good reputation in the drag/street performance world. Of course naturally I expected it was Woolich or FT-ECU. Couple of questions:

1) When pressed and after I related my first hand ECU flash/dyno tune experience, the shop owner stated it was tuned with "Rom Raider". Anyone with any experience or can point me in the right direction as to where I find anything on it? It looks like it's an open source ECU flash tool primarily used in the car world but can be adapted to unlocked M/C ECU's. But I'm not finding a whole lot of info on the bike side of things.

2) More importantly, the bike runs and fuels great everywhere but idle. Idle is mostly smooth but with an occasional bump...like every 3-5 seconds it stumbles for a split second, bumps RPM to recover then settles back down. It never stalls. To me, I think we need to add a bit of fuel to the idle circuit..does that make sense? Bike is running too lean at idle due to increased air flow? We did the same with my ZX-6R after removing all the stock exhaust non-sense and vpair alve, just looking for confirmation I'm thinking about this right.

Thank in advance.