1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gen 5 ZX10R Quickshifter

Discussion in 'Tech' started by wheelz96, Apr 22, 2019.

1. wheelz96

wheelz96 Well-Known Member

So I just had my first race on my 18' ZX10R at Lil Tally 4/20. One thing I learned was when I was leaned over and TC light blinking I could not shift coming out of corner. I would have to roll out of throttle and then the QS would work. This only seemed to happen when leaned over while TC is working. Straightaways no problem.

Bike has ECU flash (Schnitz) but harness is stock. I do not have race ECU or harness. Is there a way to have a flash tuner change the parameters of the QS?

Anyone else experience this?

2. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

Nope need to get the Kit ECU and even the Kit ECU will still do it. But the TC has to be really engaging for it not to work. But with the stock ECU the quickshifter wont work while the TC is engaging either. You have to turn the TC off and or put it up to level 1 and be easier on the throttle.

3. wheelz96

Yea I was on TC setting 2. Easier on the throttle sounds easy enough... haha

Track was wet and cold this weekend so that didn't help but good to know this is normal. Thanks for the response wasn't sure if something else was going on.

Hopefully this will be less noticeable on dry/warm track. Now that I understand this is an actual thing I will be more aware of throttle inputs!

Thank you sir!

track wagon likes this.
  4. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

Yes don't rely on it just use it as a safety net.

wheelz96 likes this.
  5. moto316

moto316 Well-Known Member

I’ve never heard of or experienced this on my 16 zx10r with kit ecu. But I’m not running the stock qs, running a cordona strain gauge instead.

6. wheelz96

Well unfortunately I am on stock ECU and QS. This will not change this season and hoping better track conditions and smoother rider inputs can minimize this issue.
    Now that I understand the reasoning behind the QS not working it will allow me to ride around the issue better. Not ideal but certainly doable.

However, Schnitz racing is looking into it and trying to learn if there is anything he can do with stock ECU... if I learn anything I will post here for others!

7. DDK732

DDK732 Well-Known Member

TC takes priority over the quick shifter when both are activated at the same time. The updated kit software available in the 2018 kit manual helps with that particular situation as the TC logic was updated. I’ve never messed with any aftermarket ECU companies other than FT ECU and they seem to have a good solution for that issue.

We ran the updated kit software last season with a kit ECU and never had that issue.

wheelz96 likes this.
  8. wheelz96

So getting the Kit ECU and harness seems to be my only move. I will see what happens on a dry track with more grip and TC 1 as opposed to 2 next. I'm hoping the extra grip on track will minimize this issue. If not, I will have to step up and purchase the kit..

Thanks for the response.

9. moto316

moto316 Well-Known Member

You referring to the 1.10 version of software @DDK732 ? https://www.kawasaki.com/accessories/item/expert-program-cd/570010012

10. DDK732

DDK732 Well-Known Member

11. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

Yes I have the updated stuff in my kit ECU I haven't had it happen yet.

wheelz96 likes this.
  12. Theducatiman

Theducatiman Well-Known Member

Never noticed it as well. 16 ZX10R Kit Ecu and harness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. wheelz96

Seems like no one is racing on stock ecu and harness... Does kit ECU only work with kit harness?

14. DDK732

DDK732 Well-Known Member

Yes, kit ecu requires the kit harness.

Theducatiman likes this.