1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gen 1 SV race/track bike

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by GixerJockey, Feb 14, 2011.

1. GixerJockey

GixerJockey Member

2001 Suzuki SV650 race bike.

Shark Skinz fiberglass bodywork (good shape, no where near worn out, has had some quality repairs)
    Penske remote reservoir rear shock (bike is sprung for 175 lb. rider, without gear)
    GMD built front forks, with preload adjusters
    piston type steering damper
    Woodcraft rearsets
    clip-ons
    captive wheel spacers
    Brembo forged brake master cylinder
    NEW Galfer braided brake lines
    NEW sprockets (15/44, stock gearing. I think I have a brand new 46 toot rear too, but gotta look)
    NEW 525 DID o-ring chain
    1/5th turn throttle tube
    Digital temp gauge
    Bad-ass, purple, clutch cable adjuster
    Wicked awesome, loud-ass, custom exhaust
    Completely safety wired and ready to pass LRRS tech inspection.

Motor is fresh. Prior to the '08 season, the motor was entirely rebuilt. New transmission, new rings, honed cylinders, new head and base gaskets, new bottom end bearings. According to the previous owner, the bike made over 70hp after the rebuild. That's huge in the world of SVs. The bike ran 2 practice sessions and half a race in '08 before the then owner made a hasty departure from said motorcycle, injuring his wrist. Bike went to Pete at GMD and had a whole new front end built for it, two new wheels, and checked for straightness on the GMD Computrack system. I purchased it the winter of 08. I ran it for the '09 season and it did a couple of races in '10. The motor has roughly one season of use on it. Oil has religiously been changed after every two uses. Always with Maxxima semi-syn 10w-40. Motor work was performed by GBM in Boston.

There are extras in the deal. You get a box of parts. All the stuff that will get you back on the track in the event of a crash. Your day doesn't have to end just because you broke a lever or bent a clip-on. Included is: clip-on bars, Renthal grips, levers, foot pegs, foot peg brackets, a bunch of rotors, spare rear wheel (needs bearings), and awesome custom rear rotor on the spare rear, throttle cable, and a bunch of other stuff that I can't remember.

Also included in the sale is an older set of Woodcraft Tire Baker tire warmers.

What it will need:

A battery
    Tires (the Diablos on there will get you through a few trackdays, but I wouldn't recommend racing on them)
    Possibly a new brake caliper. One of the front calipers is boogered. It may be able to be rebuilt, but I havn't really looked.
    A good carb clean.
    A rider looking to have a great time on a great bike.

This ready-to-go package can be yours for the price of $2900. Just in time to get the bike, and yourself, ready for the upcoming race or trackday season. Bike is located in central CT. I could help transport it within a couple hundred miles, with buyer to cover fuel cost.

This bike is fast, stable, and well sorted. It has served me very well. As I don't see much riding, and certainly no racing, in my near future, the bike might as well go to someone who will use it and appreciate it.

PLEASE PM WITH ANY QUESTIONS SO THAT AN EMAIL ALERTS ME DIRECTLY

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. GixerJockey

GixerJockey Member