1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gas for $1.99 a gallon around here.

Discussion in 'General' started by eggfooyoung, Oct 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I was paying less than $1.31 for it in ‘97. If you base inflation off what I was paying for it, it would be at like $2.00.

2. cu260r6

cu260r6 Well-Known Member

And if you used 2006 as a baseline, you'd be paying $28.16 today. My point was prices fluctuate, both up and down. What's yours?

3. bullockcm

bullockcm Well-Known Member

You did less than a 1st grade job at making that point the first time. Thank you for clarifying though.

4. Ducati89

Ducati89 Ticketing Melka's dirtybike

My point is every time you enter one of these threads, your logic is screwed up. Remember your $7k oil change reference in the Tesla thread.....yeah....

Gorilla George likes this.
  5. cu260r6

cu260r6 Well-Known Member

Logic? Inflationary calculations are facts, math, in fact. It's not a matter of opinion from which logic is required to extrapolate the meaning. I don't see the relevance of replies stating 'once in X I bought Y for $Z.' Ok, great personal anecdote, buddy.

All ya'll want to drive giant vehicles and have the hutzpah to complain about gas prices. That seems illogical to most.

6. Ducati89

Ducati89 Ticketing Melka's dirtybike

Diesel fuel, you know...what trucks use to deliver your stuff.

7. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Inflationary calculations are as good as the input data, which means they are pretty much all personal anecdotes cherry picked to prove whatever point you want to make.

8. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

500 ml is larger than a U.S. pint by about 0.9 oz. An Imperial pint is whole 'nother thing (20 UK oz. or ~568 ml).

9. nigel smith

I can vouch for the fact that an Imperial pint is more debilitating than the American version, although some of that is probably due to chemical composition.

tl1098 likes this.
  10. I always buy vehicles with big motors that get shitty gas mileage. Hell I do it intentionally. I know the gas mileage will be shit going into it.

And I have never once complained about gas prices.

cu260r6 likes this.
  11. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Dangit, that's right.

Fuckin metric... That shit caused one of the space shuttle crashes, didn't it? Or was that some other rocket? I forget.

About the only conversion I have a firm grasp on is ounces, half ounces, quarter ounces, and grams.

12. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Neil Young fan, eh? ;)

13. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Nope. Southern Man don't need him around.

969 and pickled egg like this.
  14. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Ten years before 1982 the price was $1 a gallon cheaper.

R Acree likes this.
  15. In Your Corner

Anyhow, back to picking up shit.

16. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

I went from a Passat TDI getting damn near 50 miles a gallon to my truck which gets 15 miles a gallon, maybe.

Couldn’t care less either way.

17. In Your Corner

It ain't just gas, I figure I'm burning about $23 per day in heating oil.
    I filled it a week ago with almost a quarter of a tank left and it cost $660, and I've already burned almost a quarter of a tank.
    Getting the tank filled dropped my credit rating.
    We are not amused.

18. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Wow, I avg $5.50/day, in Maine, with a large airspace?

19. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

I'll go through 3 or 4 gallons a day, which is somewhere in the $11 neighborhood.

20. nigel smith

I have my windows open.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.