1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gas for $1.99 a gallon around here.

Discussion in 'General' started by eggfooyoung, Oct 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

$1.88 here
    Diesel $2.23

2. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

And heating oil is cheaper this year, which is great.

3. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

It's UDF - United Dairy Farmers, owned by the Lindner family that owned the Cincinnati Reds. https://www.udfinc.com/about-udf

The gas dealio is, everytime you buy certain products you get 3-5 cents off per gallon.
    Coffee refill - 3 cents
    pack of donus - 3 cents off
    For every $25 you spend, you get an additional 5 cents off.
    2 kit kats - 3 cents off
    3 busken donuts - 4 cents off

You get the picture. I stop there every morning. Refill my coffee and thermos, maybe a milk and OJ, etc...I usually get 9-14 cents off a gallon per day. In 3 wks, I have a discount that is the same as the price of a gallon of gas. The lowest you can get the gas is $.09.9 per gallon with a max of 25 gallons at the pump. But, a loophole is if you prepay, you can get more than the 25 gallons.

So I get 25 gallons of gas for less than $2.50 twice a month usually. Pretty sweet deal really cause I'm stopping at their stores regardless of their rewards/discount program.

G Dawg likes this.
  4. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Got that right. Half of what I've been paying the last 5 yrs.

5. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Wow. Was unaware of this. I'll definitely be using it to my 34 gallon tank advantage from now on. Thank you!

6. Rrider

Rrider Well-Known Member

Heating oil savings? The high Winter temps are saving us money. Eventually, I look forward to a savings there too. Haven't bought oil since February!

7. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

Just thought I'd bump this.

Regular dropped to $1.939 here today. I'm hoping there will be a similar drop in diesel soon.

8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

$1.80 in North Augusta

Ghost of Casby likes this.
  9. $1.90-93 in NE Ga right now, diesel ~$2.20-2.23

10. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Last week, we were at $1.96.
    On Thursday, it jumped to $2.39.
    By Monday, it was down to $2.29

I think I saw $2.23 last night.

Dumbest. Shit. Ever.

11. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Diesel is $1.92 in Oburg, SC. I can live with that...

12. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

All prices per GasBuddy:

Diesel around here is where you need to pay attention. It is between $2.19 and $2.63 (all at name brand stations).

The discount stations have regular at around $2.10 and name brands start around $2.15. The only things at my place that take regular are the lawn mower and the generator. I just fill up the can for those when I get diesel and don't pay attention to the price.

Mid-grade starts at $2.50 (2001 Mustang GT) and Premium around $2.70 (Motorcycles, Audi). I usually ignore the price when filling the bike or the can for the track bike. When you are only buying 3 to 5 gallons, saving 5 or 10 cents per gallon is not worth messing with.

13. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

[​IMG]Big Trip 2016
    Of course, now that we're back from our 4k mile trip, regular has dropped back to $1.72.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I had fun coming back from PIRC - had the boss check diesel prices, KY was 10 cents cheaper than OH so I say cool we'll just fill up in the morning in Kentucky. Stop at the rest area sleep for 4 hours, get up, go to truck stop 2 exits down - no diesel on the property at all :eek:

Luckily there's still 10-20 gallons left even at empty and I still had a hair under 1/8 left so I went to Lexington :D

panthercity likes this.
  15. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

16. Focker

Focker Well-Known Member

I'm in Vancouver, Canada. price just dropped to $1.209/L. Price is roughly $3.50/GAL

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

$1.50 a gallon just now with Giant points.

Cheaper than water.

18. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Shopper points were involved, but still...

[​IMG]

19. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Saw it for $1.97 just north of Dayton OH today.

Razr likes this.
  20. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

Still 3.37 in cali.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.