1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Garage Time Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by cpettit, Mar 31, 2020.

1. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Pics?

i’ll look up the pipe info tomorrow.

2. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Jebus man ... quit hurtin' mah neck ...

a.jpg

Jon Wilkens, K51000 and cpettit like this.
  3. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

A big pile of stuff for a two stroke... E7447C57-5F0D-4E88-8D65-7180BA2CA610.jpeg

SpeedyE, pscook and cpettit like this.
  4. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

286FF250-50B9-4DEB-BF80-27897117834E.jpeg

56CFA467-4469-4BBA-9648-80D7004EDCE0.jpeg
    I picked up a new TX300i 2 weeks ago. I’ve been tearing it down to grease everything up and tossing a few parts on it since then and finally got to ride it Sunday damn it’s a good time! Still figuring out what I want to do for exhaust and waiting for some more protection parts to show up. Can’t wait to race it when things start getting back to normal.

j cal, tawzx12r, grasshopper and 5 others like this.
  5. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

We close on our house Thurs and I finally get my 3 car garage. Wife is already asking if we need an intercom from the house to the garage :D

tl1098 and sanee like this.
  6. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I wish I had a project as exciting as some of you all. I'm putting tires on the DR (and a new brake line). Yeehaw!

[​IMG]

motoracer1100 and cpettit like this.
  7. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Rebuilding the carbs for my CB400F "return from the dead" project. It was supposed to be a $200 rebuild and I'm already $800 into it. I still have 3 painting jobs to do, 2 tanks and a set of race fairings. I've got to wait for some decent weather, seems like when it's warm enough it's just too windy.

8. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

The answer is yes. Ask my wife.

code3ryder and SuddenBraking like this.
  9. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

People joke, but I basically live in my garage. I have a 2 1/2 car and an attached ex-cistern which is a 12x25 concrete bunker, and all of the space is mine. It's controlled by my HVAC, has 2 stereo's, a bourbon bar and a flat screen. She gives me grief that she can't pull her car in but it's an 07 Pilot so what's the use. Only thing I lack is a fridge (which is just in the other room) and a toilet.

evakat, tl1098, code3ryder and 2 others like this.
  10. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Sounds dreamy!

YamahaRick likes this.
  11. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

Not working in my shop, working on it. Laying down water lines for infloor heating right now.

Attached Files:

Pixelator, Dan Dubeau, K51000 and 4 others like this.
  12. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info! I just ordered one to fix the leak on my Multistrada. I've been meaning to put it up for sale and this'll make it that much easier.

13. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I've probably saved 500 hours of work over the past several years on my bikes with that $6 tool. Its like a miracle tool. Good luck!

14. cpettit

Got the oil changed in the race bike and cleaned/went over everything. Looks like it needs brake pads and i need refresh the clutch/brake fluid Kinda nervous about trying to bleed this ABS system. gonna have to read up on it. And 2 years on i'm still finding spots of oem chain lube that's like concrete! image0_jpeg.jpg image4_jpeg.jpg image3_jpeg.jpg

turbulence and trussdude like this.
  15. cpettit

All done and ready for a test ride. Hmmmmm......
    image2_jpeg.jpg image5_jpeg.jpg

SpeedyE, borislav, rafa and 6 others like this.
  16. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Top is Seal Mate and it works OK
    I've used the Seal Doctor bottom and it's a great tool and comes in different sizes. Both you can get from PU

17. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

916 Bodywork C.jpg FZR with R3 Motor B.jpg R3 RR D.jpg I've definitely been able to get more done on my "R3RR" project. I realized last night that I'm not far off from being able to fire it up.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
  18. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Got rear shock installed on Grom, will do new springs in forks once I get the proper pin delivered from Pitbull.

Broke down some pieces off of old Daytona motor to give away before throwing the remainder into a dumpster.

Build bike rack to keep the pedal bikes away from my bikes.

Attached Files:

cpettit likes this.
  19. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

20. GM GIXXER

GM GIXXER Well-Known Member

I'm considered "essential" not shut down, so no extra "garage time". Most of the time that is where I can be found, though.