1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Garage Storage Cabinets

Discussion in 'General' started by omatter34, Aug 15, 2018.

1. omatter34

omatter34 Well-Known Member

Does anybody have any experience with the New Age line of products? Specifically the Bold 3.0 line. I need to get the garage organized and this seems to be a pretty good value for what you get. Just don't want to end up with some flimsy junk that is going to bend and have weak drawer glides. Reviews seem pretty good on the sites that sell it.

2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I will have to look back at what I put in the garage. They are the New Age cabinets but I don't remember which product line. I really like mine. Mine aren't what I would call commercial shop grade but they are aluminum foil flimsy either.

omatter34 likes this.
  3. kevincg

kevincg Well-Known Member

I just installed two 14 piece sets in my new garage. I really like them, and for the money they are a great deal. I can actually say I have too much cabinet space now. It will eventually fill up though.

I used the 3.0. They are much nicer than the 2.0 that my dad installed.
    Check Costco for the best combo pricing, that is who I found to be the bets deal but I had to wait for a few weeks for the set I wanted to get back in stock.

4. omatter34

Pics? Mind if I ask what you paid? One of the 14 piece sets is what I am looking at

5. kevincg

Shoot me a PM with your email and I will send you some pics and details.

6. omatter34

Done

7. kevincg

PM sent, hope this is helpful.

8. Venom51

Mine I believe are the Performance 2.0 product line. The Bold 3.0 stuff I believe equates to a slightly sturdier door design. And the Pro uses a double walled door design and moves to 18 gauge material. They also include soft close hinges and drawer slide.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
    omatter34 likes this.
  9. kevincg

https://newageproducts.com/garage-storage-compare-cabinets/

I was incorrect, I bought the Performance 2.0 series. Dad used the 3.o. Main difference is the frameless design in the 2.0 that I prefer. They also have more models and large configurations in the 2.0 series when I was shopping back in the winter.

IMO the 2.o series is nicer looking. The "Pro" series in the 2.0 and 3.0 actually uses the heavier grade material. I am very happy with the 2.o standard product.

omatter34 likes this.
  10. ttt637

ttt637 Well-Known Member

I have the grey 3.0 12pc and love them. Only issue is I wish they were 24” deep. Come assembled and decent value for the money. I did Lowe’s with a price match and got them to my door in 10 days

omatter34 likes this.
  11. ttt637

ttt637 Well-Known Member

I hit the butcher block top too

12. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

I just installed a 9-piece Performance Plus 2.0 set. I wanted the heavier construction (18 GA) and much deeper tall cabinets that come with that line. Regardless, maybe it is a lifetime of cheaper stuff, but the build quality seems fantastic to me. Absolutely zero complaints.

If you can find something you like in their limited selection, Costco is one of the few places that gets their stuff from the manufacturer at a lower price. It is still shipped from the same place, in the same boxes and with the same warranty and support as if you order them off of the company website. Here's what I got (https://www.costco.com/NewAge-Produ...2.0-Series-9-piece-Set.product.100375148.html).

I don't have a Costco in my town, and never was a member, but it was worth the join fee for the discount I got on this set through them. If you want more customization, I'd recommend these guys (https://www.shopstoragecabinets.com/). The are the a US distributor and the owner hangs out on the "Garage Journal" BBS and provides excellent support and prices. It just so happened that this discounted set at Costco was exactly what I wanted.

The only "problem" was when the things showed up at my driveway. The big cabinets (they are much bigger in person) have all the smaller cabinets nested inside of them and are heavy. Not to mention they are on mini pallets on top of a regular pallet, so they are too tall to fit under a residential garage door as delivered. It was a little "imposing", particularly because I came home from work to receive them and was by myself. But, thanks to a helpful shipper, we managed to get them off of the pallets and in the carport.

omatter34 likes this.
  13. omatter34

So, the wife got me this for Christmas, but with an additional 4 feet of upper cabinets.:clap: I finally had a chance to pull out the old shelving and get everything hung up this past weekend. Question for those of you with any type of similar set up. What do you tend to put in the upper cabinets? Tools? Chemicals? Looking for ideas to make sure the area is as user friendly as possible.

Attached Files:

14. Venom51

My uppers are full of general use garage rags, microfiber towels, paint, polishing products. Really just about anything. It's all sturdy enough that I don't worry about what goes in them.

omatter34 likes this.
  15. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Manuals, oddball sized/shaped stuff, things I don't use often.

16. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

I tend to keep my smaller power tools or cased tool sets up there that I use, but not super frequently. If it is something I use frequently, I probably already have a spot for it outside of cabinets. I store the stuff I use less frequently in the cabinets down below because I hate bending down to look for stuff.

I'm curious what your opinion is of those cabinets? I have been keeping an eye on them. Right now I have a hodgepodge of cabinets and tool chests.

omatter34 likes this.
  17. omatter34

I got the Bold 3.0 line of cabinets, so not the heaviest gauge, but they seem really nice so far. Granted, I literally just got them hung and have hardly put anything in them. My wife purchased them through Costco and bought two smaller sets that were on sale that I put together to form something like the pic I posted.

Edit: I looked at all kinds of options since we moved in to our house a year ago and for the money, I don't think there was a better way to go.

18. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

I mostly use the upper cabinets for clean-up stuff, small containers/organizers and frequently used consumables. When I am working at the bench, I leave the upper doors open and then I can just reach up when I need those items. I try not to put stuff that is very heavy in them, not because of the capacity of the cabinets (they are stout), but to avoid having to pull heavy stuff out from high up.

I really like mine. I have two cabinets on wheels and have one filled with chemicals, oil, oil change stuff, etc. I found some oil drip pans that are the right size for the shelves in the cabinets and put those in that cabinet to catch any drips.

omatter34 likes this.
  19. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Woah, pricing isnt bad at all. Wonder how those would look in the basement... hmmmm