1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Garage Journal: Any of you over there?

Discussion in 'General' started by sharkattack, Nov 2, 2021.

1. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

I like tools as much as the next guy, but these folks are at a totally different level.
    There’s threads analyzing everything from screwdrivers to plasma cutters.
    The detail that some of those guys go into is incredible/insane.

black knight likes this.
  2. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

There are a bunch of us over there. Eddie’s garage build gets referenced for being a well done Moto shop.

RRP and ekraft84 like this.
  3. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

They're all engineers.

[​IMG]

YamahaRick, cpettit, E Reed and 2 others like this.
  4. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Hey im a freakin engineer and thats wrong!!!!

:crackup:

Phl218 and SuddenBraking like this.
  5. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

I lurk around there and occasionally post. I got lots of idea for my shop build from there. I took lots of pictures of "my" (I laid it out but others built it) shop, but got too lazy to put it on there.

My only negatives are the excess of mechanical equivalents of "wives tales" that continually pop-up there and the general "victim of it's own success" problems. While the "garage" threads are the real gold there (which is why I wanted to contribute) and provide interesting reading, the general talk boards move so fast that you can hardly keep up with a thread.

There is a positive on the "wives tales" thing, though. I would have never heard of some of these if I haven't been there, and it causes some pretty amusing threads on occasion (like the "airplane/treadmill" type things here).

Some amazingly talented folks on there though. Older that even me, with tons more gumption.

6. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

I'd say very few of them are, the active posters are boomer tool polishers who enjoy collecting things and occasionally using them.

cpettit likes this.
  7. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I browse every once in a while. a good way to kill a few hours, and want to spend a few thousand. I like the shop threads, workbench threads, and other build threads.

Everytime I go there I always get the urge to dump my mix and match of old Craftsman, Beech, Kennedy, and Mastercraft toolboxes that don't go together and get a few Snap on lowers to stick everything into. Everytime. Then I check my bank balance and decided to drive on with what I have.