1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Garage Door problem

Discussion in 'General' started by sdiver, Jul 23, 2017.

1. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Anyone with experience with garage doors? Mine has started to act up and I think it's something to do with the sensors. When the door is closed both sensor sides have normal lights on, green on 1 and red the other. The door always opens normally. However, when open both sensor lights will often go out and the lift unit status light will flash red. It will refuse to close about 1/2 the time. If I manually close the door, as soon as the door is about 1/2 way down both sensor lights come on again. Sometimes it works fine for a few days then others it doesn't.

Nothing in the way of the sensors, cleaned and checked wiring and alignment of sensors, no pinched or pulled wires in either up or down position.

2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Flip-flop the sensors. You may be getting some wash out from the sun.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
    Funkm05, caferace and notbostrom like this.
  3. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

This....it fixed mine , doing the same thing !

4. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Have 2 garage doors?

5. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Also make sure the door isn't binding. They have pressure sensors as well. Is the door catching on something

Anything reflective near either sensor

6. EngineNoO9

EngineNoO9 Well-Known Member

I had to replace a sensor on my house when I bought it. Couldn't for the life of me get it to work. Used a set from my father in law's old door and worked fine.

7. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Thanks all! The red flash pattern on the lift indicates a sensor error and it does it at night sometimes as well so I dont think it's just washout. Wires tested good so Im buying some replacement sensors.