Fzr400 worth?

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by fastedyamaha, Jan 31, 2022.

1. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

My brother died today and left a huge mess for me to clean up. He has an 88 400 that I’m going to need to sell to settle his estate. Probably been sitting for 25 years. If I remember correctly, has a Fox shock, pod filters, and is total loss ignition. No spares and no street parts. Has race fiberglass built by the legendary The Dude. Had a title at one point as it was a street bike but unsure of title status. What’s it honestly worth?

2. jimmyboost

jimmyboost one buck a boom

Hey Fasted, first of all, very sorry to hear about your loss. Based on the info, I would guess $1,000-$2,500, but prices have been wonky since covid, so your results may vary. Where is the bike located?

VFR#52 likes this.
  3. britx303

britx303 C.Thomas is Monica!!

Very sorry for your loss!! The value of an unseen fizzer400 could be anywhere from 500-1500 imho. Prices on them seem to be either really high or really low drastically from what I’ve seen since the ‘VID. No rational middle ground.

4. fastedyamaha

I’m in Akron, Ohio.

5. dont621

dont621 Well-Known Member

Sent you a PM

6. Billy B

Billy B Old N Slow

Yeah sorry to hear it. I'd guess around $750 - $1500 in the condition you describe. Hope all goes easily for you and the family as you deal with it all.

7. shift96

shift96 Well-Known Member

I'm very sorry to hear your loss

8. fastedyamaha

Thank you all for your kind words. There’s also a VF1000F that I’ll need to move as well, it’s under a cover so I didn’t get a chance to look at it yet so I don’t know what kind of condition it’s in.

evakat likes this.
  9. shift96

shift96 Well-Known Member

No problem. I pm'd you but ping me back whenever.

fastedyamaha likes this.