1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FZR400 to 600 conversion

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Beer Slut, Jun 1, 2009.

1. Beer Slut

Beer Slut Well-Known Member

What's involved with making the conversion besides the obvious engine swap? What can I get away with keeping vs needing to find? I thought I've seen this here before, but can't seem to find it through a search.

2. colin96

colin96 Well-Known Member

600 needs a 600 or better radiator, I've seen some guys run the 400 pipe on the 600, but a 600 pipe always worked better for me. A 600 airbox will still fit under a 400 tank shell. Definitley need the 600 wiring harness. Can use the 400 tank as well. 99% of the 600 parts bolt right up. I built several configurations in the past, way fun with some more horsepower. Made a great endurance bike! When you have specific questions shoot them at me.
    colin fowler
    [email protected]

3. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

You need a new bracket for the coils, too. You will need a cart kit, full electronics and carb. Check out the fzrarchives.com forum, there are a lot of older threads that help with the swap. I think the Hybrid Forum would house most of the older stuff. This question used to be asked all of the time, but the latest project swap was creating a 660 using the FZR and the YZF stuff so the 4/6 kind of fell out of favor.