1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FZR400 for Sale with R1 Front, TZ250 rear, R6 bodywork $3250

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by kd in pc, Nov 27, 2021.

1. kd in pc

kd in pc Member

Ran this bike this season at Utah SBA and some track days. I raced against them in the 90's on my EX500 and wanted to try one. Very fun bike, but it doesn't fit into my race schedule while running my ZX6. Was great fun in our M3 and LWSB classes.
    I found a build posting for the bike on the BARF forum from 2012. I bought it this season from a KTM technician who had been running it at USBA for the last few seasons. The bike is well sorted and ran without incident. Set up for a 150lb rider (not me!).

Highlights
    -1988 FZR400
    -R1 front end with Ducati 996 full floating rotors
    -TZ250 front wheel
    -TZ250 swingarm, brake with a Marchenisi rear wheel, 5 inch, mounts 160's very nice. There is a spare TZ250 rear wheel but it does have a visible wobble. I looked into straightening it and it seems like that is possible
    -Fox shock
    -R6 fairings with 916 tail
    -R6 gauges (speedometer does not function ... electric on the R6)
    -Stock carbs and airbox but jetted for Sudco exhaust
    -Custom rearset w GP shift
    -Custom sliders
    -Engine guards
    -Stock subframe
    -MotionPro throttle

Great 'vintage' LWSB platform. I have some spares that were given to me ... gearing, jets, ignitor, springs, side stand, TZ rear wheel, other misc smaller items. I do have title.

Located in Salt Lake Utah

Asking $3250.

Kirk

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 27, 2021
    Senna, BlueR32, evakat and 1 other person like this.
  2. grandpanot

grandpanot Well-Known Member

Very Nice
    Would be fun to run in AHRMA or Wera Vintage with that.

3. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

What class would that be competitive in AHRMA?

4. grandpanot

grandpanot Well-Known Member

Next Generation (2?) lightweight

5. 90kacoupe

90kacoupe Novice seeking Help

NGSB LWT, but it will need some form of era correct fairing and conventional forks.

This is a really sweet bike! Good luck with sale!

6. kd in pc

kd in pc Member

Bike is sold.

90kacoupe likes this.
  7. Aaron Blasi

Aaron Blasi New Member

Wanted to buy this bike, but missed out by waiting. Next time I won't wait. If anyone knows of another vintage 400 around this time period for sale that is ready for the track, let me know.

grady anderson and zx250r like this.
  8. grady anderson

grady anderson Well-Known Member

I do. Or at least I think I do. Just bought two street bikes and am considering selling one of my three race bikes as I will now have twelve bikes in my 20’x20’ room.
    Briefly 88 FZR400. Bought as a low mileage street bike. Converted to race bike for the CCS LW vintage class. Tastefully done with race bodywork painted professionally white and my attempt to replicate stock looking graphics with vinyl. Period legal TZR250 17” rear wheel. Stock forks with Racetech internals. K tech shock. Flat slides. R6 calipers with EBC rotors. My buddy did a race with it to help sort it out. Motoworks in Fredericksburg VA did much of the conversion with MotoRelic doing the front brakes and Speedwerks doing the flat slides
    Low time bike ( 2 races not 2 seasons like the one on the BBS) that I raced once at 67 years old and won. Ok small class but still.
    Have all of the stock stuff that came off that will come with it. In Virginia so keep that in mind shipping wise.
    If seriously interested email and I’ll send plenty of pics. we can talk price after you see what it is. Not expensive but more than the one on the BBS.
    That said it needs nothing to go vintage racing. AHRMA and WERA have basically abandoned my region ( mid Atlantic) and CCS has no clue what they are doing dabbling in vintage. $5k would include all of the stock stuff.
    Cheers
    Grady

VFR#52 likes this.
  9. grady anderson

Damn that was supposed to be a private message. Oh well. My apologies to the OP but congrats on selling your very pretty bike.
    And “abandoned” was inaccurate as WERA came to Summit for my 70th birthday on September 12 and gave me an opportunity to race again. And an opportunity to get to chat with Sean and Evelyn. An awesome bucket list day for this old fart.

ToofPic and VFR#52 like this.
  10. dont621

dont621 Well-Known Member

sent you a PM

11. grady anderson

Got it and forwarded you all the pics I had just sent Aaron.

12. grady anderson

Mine has found a new appreciative home. Important to me. Thank you to the couple of guys that showed an interest. Ya missed a good one. Cheers