1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FZR Yahoo Groups- where did it all go?

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Estebann, Feb 15, 2020.

1. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

Hit up this guy, he might have something similar in stock:
    https://www.jetsrus.com/

evakat likes this.
  2. Rhino48

Rhino48 Well-Known Member

You aint an FZR owner if you don't have 3 extra sets of partial carbs around, so get to ebay and order some up, just to get an air jet. :D

Mine actually sucked one of those through the motor, starting it at a gas station. Crazy short rattle clank bang I couldn't figure out until I found it missing, and imprints of it stamped into the top of the piston/head later. Amazingly didn't bend a valve.

Man I had fun with mine for a while but knowing I don't have a single FZR part in my house anymore feels real good, man.

racer_11 and evakat like this.
  3. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

Anyone try to connect to the fzr online page...
    Keeps telling me my account is inactive and will not let me log in

4. DonTZ125

DonTZ125 Purveyor of Neat Toys

Apparently my mod powers are still operational - I just reactivated your account. Try again!

5. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Hmmm been awhile for me too I think.........

6. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

In... thanks

7. DonTZ125

You're welcome!

@britx303 - still active ...

britx303 likes this.
  8. britx303

Thanks! I really wish I would have documented and taken photos through the years of all the FZR stuff I’ve done..........especially the dumb stuff........which honestly,is probably most of it:D But with the archives gone, fzronline could use some traction

evakat likes this.
  9. SBKBee

SBKBee Owner: FZ hotel

I may as well check on my status, still good?

evakat likes this.
  10. DonTZ125

You're still active, even though you've apparently never posted anything ... :confused:

11. britx303

12. SBKBee

SBKBee Owner: FZ hotel

Stalker status...intact

evakat likes this.
  13. shift96

shift96 Well-Known Member

bringing this back to life. Don't let the 400 die!

14. BlueR32

BlueR32 Well-Known Member

I just treated mine to a new paint job
    20201107_124438S.jpg

15. ricracer16

ricracer16 Well-Known Member

I had this built by Steve and SpeedWerks in DE at the end of 2019. It’s a 1992 FZR400RRSP. I got race it in 2020 and did okay. Currently working a few odds and ends to make easier to ride. I’ve made some rearset brackets to accommodate modern vortex rearsets, also designed and fabricated some frame sliders. I couldn’t find any online within the US and what I did find were basic single bolt designs right off the engine mount. I’ve had that design in previous motorcycles I’ve owned and they always failed horribly. Next couple of modifications is a better seat, and dash upgrades.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J Bart, BlueR32 and britx303 like this.
  16. shift96

shift96 Well-Known Member

Oh wow! Damn....

17. ricracer16

[​IMG]

Here is the latest photo of how the bike sits right now. Here was my second attempt at the seat. The foam I used was too soft and low. I’ll be working on a thicker and stiffer foam at the end of this week. You can also see the modern vortex rearsets and the bracket I made to hold them. And finally the frame sliders just peeking through the fairing. It’s double mounted and I used 6061 aluminum, longer steel bolts and delrin for the slider itself. I know it’s over engineered, but I can also use it to hold the front of the bike to work on forks wheels and such. I also made a small bracket to hold the rear wheel in place making tire swap on track easier. Steve already made some captive spacers front and back so that wouldn’t have to wrestle with those while working on the wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

britx303 likes this.
  18. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

If it's an RR SP, it should have captive spacers as OEM at both ends. That's one thing I miss from my 92 RRSP, wheel changes were a breeze, the rear in particular was stupid easy. Pull axle, push wheel forward and pop the chain off, then pull back and lift out. No second set of hands needed, no fighting spacers, cake walk. The front wasn't bad, but because the prior owner had tossed the OEM front fender brackets I lost the ability to change the wheel without undoing the calipers. It allowed the forks to rotate in the fender bracket, so all you had to do was again, pull the axle and then just twist the calipers out of the way, instead mine had a Duc fender clamped on so the calipers had to be unbolted.

ricracer16 likes this.
  19. ricracer16

Well there you go. I thought it was something my buddy Steve made up. Haha,

20. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

I thought he had a Koso gauge setup figured out as well, hit him up if you don't want to wire your own.