1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FZR Yahoo Groups- where did it all go?

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Estebann, Feb 15, 2020.

1. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

Army of Darkness is an Endurance team that started with the FZR600, then YZF600, then GSXR600, and now BMW1000. They documented all of their builds and race results in RW over the years, some of which ended up online:
    http://www.armyofdarkness.com/index.php

2. BlueR32

BlueR32 Well-Known Member

3. Estebann

Estebann Member

Do you have valves/valve cover too?
    Are those all stock bore/piston sizing?

4. Estebann

Estebann Member

5. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Nope, sorry. Just what you see in the pics. Yes, those are stock pistons with rings. It's basically stuff I picked up back in the day for just in case and just in case never happened.

6. Plastrick

Plastrick Member

Estrbann, looks like you and I are on a similar path; I am currently prepping an ‘88 FZR400 to race CCS Mid-Atlantic region.
    I will keep up on this thread, as I am also looking for info and various race parts. [​IMG]

7. BlueR32

Hey guys I have some surplus parts lying around that you might be interested in. I picked them up as a package deal from an ex-racer. I can't see myself needing them so any reasonable offer will be considered.
    1. Shortened sub-frame
    2. Main deltabox frame painted satin black. Couple of dings but not cracked. No title. Comes with lower rails.
    3. D&D muffler
    4. Black Widow muffler (the medium length)
    5. 2 x sets of headers. Both with surface rust. One supposedly Yoshimura but nothing on it to verify.
    6. Fox twin clicker shock. Unknown spring rate. Will probably need a rebuild.
    7. Couple of fairing mids (fiberglass)
    8. Seat fairing (primer gray). Not the solo race version. Looks like a stock seat fairing just painted over.
    9. Front & rear wheels with Shinko Podium tires. Rims are straight but are chipped in places.
    10. Kawasaki ZX7 radiator. You may have discovered the FZR400 can run hot especially at the track. I believe this is a common option to keep things cool.
    11. Stock tank cover painted blue

If interested in any of this I can provide pics.

8. Plastrick

Plastrick Member

Hi Blue, def interested in sub frame & D+D.

9. Plastrick

Plastrick Member

10. BlueR32

Plastrick....send me a PM with your phone number and I can text you some pics

11. shift96

shift96 Well-Known Member

Oh Man i LOVE the Bridgehampton banner. Brings back so many awesome memories. I would buy that if for sale!

12. Plastrick

Plastrick Member

13. Plastrick

Plastrick Member

https://patricklenahan.smugmug.com/Race-bike/i-6rn4LrTI live 10 minutes from the former Bridgehampton track; when they officially closed in 1997 I “might” have visited the property for some souvenirs. I also have several chunks of turn three when they broke up the asphalt; still has the white stripe on it.

14. shift96

That is great if you have any memorabilia you let go let me know.

15. shift96

The bits of as asphault is very cool

16. MC Motorsports

MC Motorsports Active Member

to protect the stator and ignition pick up.

17. Rddmm2

Rddmm2 Member

I'm building a 88 FZR400 1WG up here in Ontario to hopefully run in the VRRA. My first fzr400 build.
    I have a fox twin clicker with adjustable height but it's not really a 'drop in'. I have to grind a bit of the swingarm to allow for better clearance for the wider spring, with a set of longer dog bones. Maybe i should use a different swingarm, since I also plan to fit a sv650 rear wheel. Can anybody suggest a few options.

Attached Files:

18. DonTZ125

DonTZ125 Purveyor of Neat Toys

That's why YOU install a case guard. It doesn't explain why some race rules required one - if indeed they ever did. Since this discussion was first posted and bandied about, Mongo has confirmed that the Fizzers did -not- require a left case guard.

19. BlueR32

Hi Rob....I have Fox twin clicker shock on my FZR400 track bike. I had the same issue with interference between the spring and the swingarm. I solved it without cutting the swingarm by fitting a preload spacer under the spring and then a shorter spring. The spacer has a smaller overall diameter than the spring.
    https://traxxion.com/product/shock-spring-spacer-kit-2-25-inch-id/

20. Rddmm2

Rddmm2 Member

Thanks Blu. That's a good solution re fox twin clicker. It should work since its the very bottom of the spring that catches on my stock swingarm.
    Sorry to get off topic but i appreciate your 'all things' FZR posts. Cheers

BlueR32 likes this.