1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FZ600 TCI Needed

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by john westcott, Apr 9, 2017.

1. john westcott

john westcott Well-Known Member

Any one have a spare working TCI for the 1988 Yamaha FZ600 or FJ600 I guess will work?

2. SBKBee

SBKBee Owner: FZ hotel

what is the 3 digit code on the box. A Radian will also work I believe.

3. john westcott

4. john westcott

Lets try this. Who races a FZ/XJ/YX 600 motor that I can send my TCI to have tested?

5. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

John,
    I can help, but it won't be until June. I can either send you one to try or I have a running FZ to try yours on. I won't be back to my bikes in WI until then.

6. john westcott

Thanks Ken, that's a long wait but if all else fails I will take you up on that. I was all most done with the rebuild and now this.
    Such is life in the fast lane.

7. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Normally I would be your huckleberry but unfortunately everything FZ I own is currently in pieces. I do not have a spare.

8. john westcott

Thanks for the intent.

9. racer_11

racer_11 moto nyne guy

man, I may have an 88 TCI at home (possibly a couple), but I'm in the field and won't be back home for a couple of weeks and can check when I do get home. I have a box full of parts for my FZ in case of any upcoming zombie apocalypse.

10. racer_11

racer_11 moto nyne guy

Hey Bee, the radian box is the same as the 86-87 FZ. 88 FZ TCI is it's own animal ( due to rotor being different). the Yamaha parts fiche show diagram of same rotor between the 86-7 (teardrop shape) and 88 (round), but part number is different. I have an 86 that I converted to an 88 (parts availability at the time).