1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FZ-10

Discussion in 'General' started by MotoGP69, Sep 30, 2016.

1. MotoGP69

MotoGP69 Well-Known Member

Anybody have some time on one? I'm thinking about a second bike for novice group coaching and general screwing around, and this seems like a good option. I like the Touno as well but there aren't any dealers around these parts.

2. Chip

Chip Registered

Note. The wheelie control does not turn off....

3. MotoGP69

MotoGP69 Well-Known Member

Seriously? WTF?

Is there an electronic work around?

4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Yamahahaha

5. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

I would guess an aftermarket ecu if you wanna spend the money. No idea if a piggyback could do it.

6. khill

khill Well-Known Member

It's a weird one.....Stock stock...with tires.....meh. My FZ1 is much better. Add suspension, a slip on, gearing, rearsets...pretty darn good. Ergos are very odd imo and if I had one permanently, a handlebar change would be necc. Motor is great.

Ken

7. So what I gather is aside from the motor... :)

8. khill

khill Well-Known Member

^^There is massive potential there, no doubt. The trend with some of the ergos of the current streetfighter/naked bikes is not conducive to track riding. It's all in there, but will have to be uncovered more than the FZ1 I am used to.

Ken

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Cool looking bike.

10. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

You serious?

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeap, I dig it especially the gray with the yellow wheels.

12. Rhino48

Rhino48 Well-Known Member

I rode one, it's pretty nice. I love the motor, and the suspension was quite good. Brakes were wooden, but it is new, so suspect that will get better.

I would have to black out all 11,367 stainless screws, get rid of the radiator mounted signal blobs and "wind screen" and cover it with beaver pelts to improve the looks.

13. khill

khill Well-Known Member

Update on Scott Russell's Rickdiculous FZ10......holy mother of god that is a nice bike!

Ohlins carts and TTX Shock and steering damper.
    Gearing (taller)
    R1 rearsets
    Graves flashed ECU with auto blip
    Graves exhaust
    GYTR windscreen

Scott did a ton of setup on it and ended up with some pretty radical geometry, but man, is that thing fun...my next bike....

Ken

14. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

I looked at all the big nakeds for a street bike. Tuono and FZ10 were near the top of the list and also considered the Triumph Speed and Street triples.

But then I realized they can do almost nothing better that a Gen 4 ZX-10R ABS with small comfort mods can't do better for far cheaper. So that's what I bought, my 2nd Gen 4 ZX-10R.

YMMV