1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fun (second) Car For Under $30K?? What to buy??

Discussion in 'General' started by zracer196, Feb 5, 2007.

1. zracer196

zracer196 Well-Known Member

Wanted to get some advice from this board...Lots of good info here.

I drive a Titan as my daily driver...But miss the fun cars I have always had. Looking to buy a second car for under $30K. I have had many sports cars...97' Cobra Mustang, 00' 6 sp Vette, 03' G35 6 sp coupe, etc.

This car doesn't need to be practical or cheap to operate since it will not get much use.

Been thinking of cars from an S2000, Lotus Elise, to an older Viper (among others).

Any thoughts???

Thanks in advance!

2. mad brad

mad brad Guest

a porsche 930.

3. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Nothing beats an old Muscle Car..

1. GT Fastback Mustang
    2. 427 Shelby Cobra replica
    3. Camaro 67-68/69
    4. 57 Chevy
    5. 454 Chevelle

4. MarkB

MarkB All's well that ends well

What?? are you kidding me??? Is it just me, or does this sound nuts?

No offense intended to the poster, but $30k for a second car?

I earn more money than God himself (second only perhaps to Bradley), and I have just one car (with over 200k on it)...I would NEVER pay $30k for my first car!!! Does everyone else just live on payments around here?

I'm about to not post this, cos I dont see the point in pissing someone off for no good reason...but $30k for a second car?!!!

:)

5. mad brad

mad brad Guest

i remember when i only had two cars. :D

6. MarkB

What? thats not the answer you were after???

What about the latest Lotus Elise they got approved for the US.....0-60 in 4s, 0-100 in 11s:up:

7. mad brad

mad brad Guest

wot about it?

8. buxton

buxton Southern Canadian

I'm with him...

Dawn :beer:

9. gogunbaba

gogunbaba Well-Known Member

buy an S2000. It is definately not the fastest thing out there but I think it is one of the most fun cars to drive under 30k. The fun factor is unbelievable. Legal go-cart ...

10. mad brad

mad brad Guest

11. MarkB

The Lotus is like $59k....you are too poor.

12. zracer196

Since my roadracing has tapered down a lot (two SMALL kids) I am pretty bored. Started racing hare scrambles...Fun, but not the same as roadracing. Set a goal to pay the truck off...Now it's about time to buy a car again. Never had a truck before...Practical but BORING.

I do like the S2000 but are they gutless down low??? What about a new gen M3 (2002-up)? They are in the range too...

Thanks!

13. zracer196

Lotus Elise's are about 30K USED...

Mark, no offense taken...

14. MarkB

..I was gonna suggest selling one of your 10 motorcycles you got listed...but I see you already did...:D

15. Jefe

Jefe Wannabe

"87" Buick Grand National

A great sleeper that you can get into the low 10's for way under 30k while still being streetable.

16. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

I think this would be fun but not sure how much. Probably around $30k.

17. shady0667

shady0667 Wannabe Racer

Ducati 1098R

and then buy two spare forged mag rims.. thats 4 wheels right?

18. MarkB

Yeah, get the Atom....definately a good toy.

If it was me, I'd get an old restored sports car, like one of those crap MG's with the Lucas power.....that would be fun AND hold its value forever

19. Roach

Roach Yamaha Catapult Tester

Yes, the S2000 is a dog off the line. It makes 240hp ... about 500rpm below the 7k redline.

A late model M will plant a smile on your face. If you want something really stupid, look a an M Roadster (Z3 chassis with the 240hp M motor in it), or as you said, a 2002ish M3.

- Roach

20. CWN racing

CWN racing Well-Known Member

Audi S4 or if you can find an RS4, stupid fast and destroy alot of cars. The RS4 comes in a wagon and is the total sleeper. We have the an 06 S4 and I'm very happy with it.