1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Full Lean To Full Lean

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Wheeliest, Mar 25, 2010.

1. antor1

antor1 Well-Known Member

R6 08. I am having some problems when braking and turn in. At initial turn in the bike would dive a bit too much (not too bad) and when braking the rear was lifting excessively. Definitely a nose low, high rear effect. So I lowered my rear but still have like 3mm of forks showing and was debating if it was better to raise my front making the whole bike higher or lowering my rear keeping the bike low. Wanted to know what would be better. What would I sacrifice making the bike higher all around and vice versa.

From the reading here it seems that there is no cons to lifting the bike except for what you said "a bit more effort to dive"

2. Wheeliest

Wheeliest ʍɥǝǝןıǝsʇ

when you brake hard you need to grip the tank with your knees, it will transfer the weight to the chassi and compress the rear and front, also sounds like you do not have enough compression in in the front forks if the front end is diving. but i would lift the front before lowering the rear.

3. wingnutks

wingnutks Well-Known Member

I have a question. I have a stock 07 zx6r, I took a look back there and as you guys said, the sock mounts with two bolts, one on the top and one on the bottome... 2 "eyes". How then, do you shim the shock? Where do you put the shims?

4. Overtorque

Overtorque Banned

To transition quickly from full lean to full lean you want a low CG and less rotating mass. However, I've noticed that tire choice makes a huge difference. Try various tires, don't stick with the great deal you got.

Try a 180 rear and a 60 series front, both will help.

Try lighter tires, such as Kevlar belts instead of steel. Tires vary by as much as 3 pounds, and that's like saving 5 pounds in an expensive aftermarket wheel. Weigh your tires before and after use. You may be surprised.

Also, some models simply turn in quicker. Some turn in dog slow. I'll bet you have slow tires.

5. Wheeliest

Wheeliest ʍɥǝǝןıǝsʇ

lifting my bike helped with the full lean to full lean.. no more complaints. she handles great and i am sticking with dunlops

6. jsmalnar

jsmalnar III_I

I just got done reading this very informative thread. I am a novice to this but I am curious as to why trail and rake have hardly been mentioned in this thread? Am I underestimating the importance of the change in trail and rake in suspension setup?

7. Dr. GoFast

Dr. GoFast Well-Known Member

did you raise just the front or just the rear or both?

8. Wheeliest

Wheeliest ʍɥǝǝןıǝsʇ

lift the rear 8mm and front 14mm

i have also installed a ohlins tripple clicker on the rear, I only use my bike at one track that is ran cw/ccw, and its not a very highspeed track. Arroyo Seco( http://www.asmaracing.com )

Last edited: Jun 28, 2010