1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Full Lean To Full Lean

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Wheeliest, Mar 25, 2010.

1. Wheeliest

Wheeliest ʍɥǝǝןıǝsʇ

So,
    Im on a 03 R6, .95 racetech springs in front, penske dbl clicker in the rear.

i think im showing 12mm fork tube above clip-ons (stockers on top of tripple) and penske at lowest height adjustment (which is still higher then stock).

id like to think i'm an above average amateur racer, so if u care ask and ill explain..

i run dunlop ntec 211's

190/55 r, 120/70 f,

i understand factory was 60 series front, thus 10mm lower + 2mm for added flick-a-bility (12mm showing^^^).

bike feels great on the brakes, feels good with dive in, mid corner and exit, only real issue i have is full lean to full lean. does lifting the entire bike fix this? i know it has something to do with the crank rotating ect..

what will i be sacrificing in handling if i lift the bike?

2. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Yes. Raising the CG will help transitions. Think about a Weeble. It won't fall over because it's CG is so low. However, if you go too high it will become unstable.

3. Wheeliest

Wheeliest ʍɥǝǝןıǝsʇ

CG = ??

and so basically i raise the bike 2mm a session till it gets unstable then bump it back down 2mm maybe 3 and call it a day?

4. mikewills

mikewills Well-Known Member

Center of Gravity

5. ducracer081

ducracer081 Well-Known Member

CG= Center of Gravity

6. Jordan

Jordan Well-Known Member

center of gravity

7. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

in case you didn't catch that, CG stands for center of gravity.

8. Wheeliest

Wheeliest ʍɥǝǝןıǝsʇ

ahh the center of gravity, i didnt get it at first, or second, but third and fourth helped.

9. Ironman11

Ironman11 Well-Known Member

Center of Gravity

10. Wheeliest

Wheeliest ʍɥǝǝןıǝsʇ

oh man thank you for clearing that up! i was confused still... just a little bit.

11. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Does running a 190 hinder his ability to transfer faster/smoother as well? Would strength training help with this?

12. Jordan

Jordan Well-Known Member

180s are more flickable

13. Wheeliest

Wheeliest ʍɥǝǝןıǝsʇ

u can see in my video through the switch backs (known as essess) i cant keep throttle open and accelerate due to im guessing CG and crank rotation..

http://vimeo.com/10177009

its like the bike has to much resistance

14. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Definitely the CG. Better fix it soon.

15. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Nice vid!!!

16. Jordan

Jordan Well-Known Member

have you tried the 180 at arroyo yet? thats why i dont run a 190 at arroyo. it felt so much better in the esses, and thats where i would catch a lot of people at. its worth a shot.

17. Wheeliest

Wheeliest ʍɥǝǝןıǝsʇ

i get excellent free ntec take offs in 190/55 so im trying to stick with em, from all the reading i've done and what people are now saying, geometry will play a big part in my issue. I been afraid to play with the CG thinking it will throw off my dive in, or my exit, but i do notice alot of bikes with fork extenders an what not.

18. Jordan

Jordan Well-Known Member

word. if you have the $$ to run dunlops then go for it :)

19. Matt399

Matt399 Well-Known Member

I think it's actually the opposite. A higher CG would mean more leverage is needed to get the bike to transition. A bike with a lower CG should feel lighter.

20. Wheeliest

Wheeliest ʍɥǝǝןıǝsʇ

I got 3 practically new fronts for free and they last for ever, and i think i can get 5-6 races out of a new rear, with out losing confidence in the tire. so i spend less then 180$ on tires a race week end (if i take 2nd or better in formula amateur again)