1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fuel mapping devices ???

Discussion in 'Tech' started by JurgenW, Feb 18, 2003.

1. Dan Kyle

Dan Kyle Well-Known Member

I sell a lot of Power Commanders, I have not had the same problems you have. The most common problem, is the insulation on the PCs wearing thru. and shorting to the frame. The new PC3USBs that are coming for th new 2003 bikes have a new toughter insulation.
    The only bikes that had Ign problems were Suzukis, and I have only seen those with the earlier PC2, not the PC3R.
    The advantage of the PC3 or PC3R is how the maps are made using the Tuning Link Software, It works quite well and very good maps can be made in 2 to 3 hours. The Power Commander or whatever you are using at the end of the day is only as good as the map you are using.

2. Trickle X

Trickle X Instagram-regalmetalworks

I have used both a pcIII & pcIIIr on our endurance bikes with no problems. We ran the whole season on the pcIIIr on the "A" bike & it never once gave me a fit. They were both Suzuki 1ks.
    fwiw.....

3. down&out

down&out New Member

I have used two of these and seen the other one in action.

Techlusion: Not RPM or throttle position related and can only make your bike run richer. It actually says to rev your bike to 700rpm and tune to the best sound! You got to be kidding me! I personally don't care how my bike runs in neutral, and what happens when my GSXR secondary butterfly opens at 8000rpm? Oh yeah, the fact that it ruined my wiring harness did not make me too happy either.

TEKA: I like the way it flashes the ECU but it does not seem to be RPM related either, only broad throttle ranges. Any what do I do on my F4i.

I have been using a PCIIIr for about two years on a few bikes with no problems. I've studied this unit and the people that say that is causes power loss and sensors to go bad need to look into the facts a little more. If all it does is offset a signal how can it make a sensor go bad. My 1k had a starting issue and cut out intermittently after installing the PCIIIr but I found out my crank pickup coil gap was .032" and was not making a strong enough signal for the PCIIIr to see. I changed it to .015" and all is well. My old Hayabusa did have a problem with the PCII but they way the PCIIIr handles the fuel and timing is much better. Like Dan said the unit is only as good as the map. If I put a wrench in your hand and you can't fix your bike is it the wrench's fault?

Sorry to rant but the only logical choice is the Power Commander.