1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fuel mapping devices ???

Discussion in 'Tech' started by JurgenW, Feb 18, 2003.

1. JurgenW

JurgenW Well-Known Member

Facing the challenge of tuning a fuel injected bike this year, I was wondering what the preferred fuel mapping device seems to be.

Power Commander, Fuel Nanny, Techlusion, TEKA ????

I keep hearing good and bad for different products - any input from you folks????

thanks

Jurgen
    www.teaminfotech.com

2. HFD1Motorsports

HFD1Motorsports BIKE TUNA

factory pro and the teka unit works great and it does not cause problems with your spark.....

3. MotoMadman

MotoMadman Mr. Moto Riding

I concur. We've had twice the performance with a third of the hassle with Factory and TEKA. :cool:

4. Renaissance man

Renaissance man Well-Known Member

I have PCIIIr for a GSXR-1000 that anyone can have for free. Guaranteed to blow-up some kind of sensor within one race weekend.

Will pay you 50.00 if you promise to put it up the *ss of anyone at LP or Dynojet.

Marcus McBain

5. mad brad

mad brad Guest

ok, now i'm scared. i have a pcIII. what gives marcus?

6. Renaissance man

Renaissance man Well-Known Member

I think the first Gen PCIIIr's (for GSXR anyway) were just a bad lot. Most wouldn't hold maps.

LP got tired of taking them back, stopped carrying them, stopped taking returns, called them crap, and directed you toward Dynojet.

I think Manny at Dynojet got tired of taking them back, plus he was sick of dealing with LP customers that LP wouldn't take care of, but Manny was pretty much a *ick about taking them back.

I tried to make the thing work, and in the meantime had 4 sensors go out. GSXR 1000's had problems with the Primary TPS, but the STPS and another TPS as well as the crank sensor IS REALLY FREAKING ODD.

Good Luck.
    Marcus

7. mad brad

mad brad Guest

heard any prob's with the R1?

8. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Only the blue ones. ;)

9. MotoMadman

don't know about that model, but the bikes I've seen on a dyno actually made more power without the PC, until there was motor work done as well

10. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Any experience with the Yosh box?

???

11. MotoMadman

Sure. Always had good results using it. But it's limited. We can't change the timing, or fine tune flat spots in the power curve. In retrospect, Yosh box was better to use than PC, IMO.

12. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

Yosh Box set it and go race, at my level you don't even notice the flat spots :D Seriously I have been happy with my setup & no blown sensors :p

13. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Sorry, I meant the YOSH EMS box

The new one that hooks into your computer.

14. HFD1Motorsports

yosh is the same thing as a power junk look inside same stuff differant color box....... if you need timing then use the advancer plates on the crank pick up

15. Gumby647

Gumby647 Señor Member

You didn't say what bike you have. The Teka is a great tool but only works on Suzukis. You can adjust the fuel map on the new Yamahas by playing with the stock ECU. If it's a Kawasaki or Honda you're pretty much suck with the Power Commander or Fuel Nanny.

I know that Marc form Factory is working on a Power Commander like Teka unit that will work on bikes other that Suzukis but who knows when it will be ready.

16. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

I actually got my PC tuned to get a whopping -8 HP from the stock setup. Not bad considering I started with -13.:mad: Unplugged it, reset to stock, and got my numbers back. Tuned it with the yosh box & walked away with +11 HP after a few hours on the dyno & some fine tuning. This on a TLR. PCII sucks as much as the IIIr.

17. JurgenW

JurgenW Well-Known Member

how do you adjust the stock ECU? Are you referring to the new R6?

thanks

Jurgen

18. Gumby647

Gumby647 Señor Member

The fuelie R6 and R1 have a diagnostic mode that alows you to bump the fuel curve up and down. You have to ground one of the ecu wires then use the dash buttons to adjust it. It should be in the manual.

19. Team Atomic

Team Atomic Go Go SOX!

...so should I throw out my Dynojet IIIr... for my GSXR 600??

20. HFD1Motorsports

only after it pukes and shuts you down on the last lap while you are in the lead......I am sure there are many people that use them and say they work great but there are as many stories and dyno facts saying that they cause problems too. I love the teka and have made good power with it.