1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FTR750

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, Jun 11, 2020.

1. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Why in the hell does thing cost 53 f*cking grand?

[​IMG]

2. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

according to google you can get a brand new one for $49,900...

3. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Somebody will buy it.

4. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

because it is a purpose built bike that you can immediately take and win a national with everything you could want to do to it.
    For comparison purposes, you cannot buy a superbike that will win a race can you?

Triple X and stk0308 like this.
  5. Robby-Bobby

That was the original dealer price. Those went as fast as they posted the add. They only made 50 initailly and about 25 more.
    Its a bargain because youd spend 3 times that keeping an XR750 running for a season.

backcountryme and stk0308 like this.
  6. grasshopper

God damn that thing is bad ass.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. Robby-Bobby

Thats an Estensen racing one. (same guy who financed Beach/Attack)
    Jake Johnson rode it and probably Ronnie Jones. Its funny becuase its 100% NOT eligible for Indian Contingency because of the non factory frame and body paint. But Estensen has FUCK YOU money and didnt want it. Wanted his bikes to look like his own team.

Now he has a fleet of yamahas.

backcountryme, 5axis and stk0308 like this.
  8. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Not unless you have Beaubier riding it.:beer:

9. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Question. I know fuckall about flat track. I guess it's not like most motorcycle roadracing in that you don't have to maintain a factory frame/engine match?

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Wait, you're complaining about the price of a bike that can (almost) go from the showroom floor to the top of the podium? It's under priced at $53K. you can make that back in a few weekends (as long as you fall in line with the Indian bullshit).

In the Dirtytrack to the roadracing world it's like buying a full on Graves R6 from 2019 (in 2019) and actually getting a full on Graves R6 and not getting any of the Graves bullshit. But you couldn't pull the stickers off if you wanted Graves money.

Harley needs to buy a few.

stk0308 likes this.
  11. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Those would be the slowest FTR's on the planet.

12. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Why is there a banana seat on it?

13. grasshopper

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the FTR is no longer a "Production Machine".

14. grasshopper

15. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

Do it. See you there.

16. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Technically, it was never a production machine. It's a race only machine.

17. stk0308

You do not. In fact, you'll almost always see specialized frames(AKA: framers) in the twins class. No-one runs an Ninja 650 frame, or an MT07 frame. The FTR is an exception, their frame is pretty good. Singles class you do have to run a factory frame.

The thing Robby-Bobby was referring to was you had to leave the paintwork as it came from Indian to get contingency money from them. Even if your team colors have nothing to do with that paint scheme.

18. stk0308

Front to back body position options are necessary for going fast. Kinda like MX/SX.

motion likes this.
  19. humblepie

humblepie Well-Known Member

One time I asked Chris Carr about the rebuild interval of his XR750. He said "Every 60 miles."

20. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I believe it. My 86HP XR1200 got cylinders, pistons and heads every 2 weekends. And I'm slow.