1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FS: Yamaha RD 350 w/Original TR/TD/TZ 4LS Drum Wheel

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by na3s, Nov 6, 2021.

1. na3s

na3s New Member

Pics - https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/11u39iDdgk5-hmeEwn8WzeZNFWxwVxi40?usp=sharing

Recently picked up this bike from an estate and have limited information about it.

It's been sitting in the corner of a garage since the mid 1980s and lacks a title or any paperwork.

The front wheel appears to be complete and all original, 18” D.I.D. shouldered alloy rim, TR/TD/TZ 4LS drum, 2 into 1 cable splitter, there is some minor wear and oxidation but it rolls smooth.

Early RD350 frame (351-13139**).

The motor is complete, shifts through all gears, and kicks over smoothly with strong compression.

It has RD 250 cases (352-2079**) and RD 350 (347cc) cylinders, not sure what additional internal modifications it may or may not have.

The pipes are aftermarket though I can’t find any stamping or marks to indicate their make or model.

They have some minor pitting in the chrome, there are a few very minor scruffs/scraps on the undersides, but they’re free of any significant damage, dents, or rust, and are overall straight and in good shape.

The tank has a few minor dents and several scratches in the paint, but is pretty clean inside with only some minimal internal surface rust toward the bottom, which should clean up easily enough with a phosphoric acid/vinegar/electrolysis/etc treatment.

I’d prefer to sell the bike complete so I’m offering it for $2,800 firm, picked up in Bellingham, WA / cash only / no trades.

If it fails to find a buyer, I’ll break it down over the winter and part it out on eBay.

I’ve included all the information I have about this bike, but if you have further questions, feel free to reach out.

Thanks.

2. BlueR32

BlueR32 Well-Known Member

If you do end up parting it out please PM me. I could use some of those bits for my SRX/RD250 project!

3. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

The front brake is worth more than the rest of the bike.

4. Rich Graver

Rich Graver Well-Known Member

Still got your RD? Doing an RD125 /TA restoration for VMD. Looking for a RD 250/350 front end w/ triples ,drum brake.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  5. na3s

na3s New Member

The holidays and winter weather proved a significant distraction the past several weeks and while I've had interest in the bike in it's complete configuration, it's primarily been from overseas buyers and the lack of a title has rendered exporting/importing it non feasible.

However, I've had ample interest from domestic buyers for certain parts, so I've decided to separate the sought after front wheel from the bike and part the rest out.

Unfortunately, as of Jan 1st, 2022, all P2P payment platforms have lowered the yearly IRS reporting ceiling to $600/yr and are now reporting all revenue over $600 via 1099-K, so I'll only be accepting cash, money order, cashier check, or 'friend & family' P2P transactions; the associated hassle, tax burden, and liability are too much to warrant dealing with traditional 'goods & services' P2P transactions.

Read more about this recent development here:
    https://www.theguardian.com/business/2022/jan/02/new-tax-rule-paypal-venmo-cash-app
    https://newsroom.paypal-corp.com/20...eporting-Requirements-Your-Questions-Answered

TR/TD/TZ 4LS Front Drum Wheel

There is some minor wear and oxidation but is in good condition overall and is all there. Includes everything pictured: 18” D.I.D. shouldered alloy rim / OEM Part # 240-25111-00 Drum brake / 2 into 1 cable splitter.
    Full pics: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ISYi3s2bHRSkxBOhPt2KXgiBrmfg4yd6?usp=sharing
    $2,400 USD

1.jpg
    2.jpg

Full pics of everything else (the disc front wheel is not available)
    : https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1T5_9mzyJwmbaeyDSU9RUfFZ1LF_JIxHN?usp=sharing

3.jpg
    4.jpg

Fame
    Early RD350 frame (351-13139**) lacks a title or any paperwork.

Motor
    It's complete, shifts through all gears, and kicks over smoothly with strong compression. RD250 cases (352-2079**) and RD350 (347cc) cylinders, not sure what ignition or additional internal modifications it may or may not have.

Carbs
    Both complete and the slides move freely.

Exhaust
    They're aftermarket, believed to be J&R, though I can’t find any stampings or marks to confirm. There is some minor pitting in the chrome, there are a few very minor scruffs/scraps on the undersides, but they’re free of any significant damage, dents, or rust, and are overall straight and in good shape.

Tank

Few minor dents and several scratches in the paint, but is pretty clean inside with only some minimal internal surface rust toward the bottom, which should clean up easily enough with a phosphoric acid/vinegar/electrolysis/etc treatment.

Seat
    The foam and cover are rough, but the pan should be salvageable.

Forks
    Appear to be straight, some pitting toward the lower triple, but the travel area looks pretty clean.

Rear Wheel/Brake
    Rolls easily, looks to be straight, mild pitting on the spokes and rim.

Oil Tank/Sidecover

Both look to be straight.

Anything not listed or described is available as well. I’ve included all the information I have about this bike, but if you have further questions, feel free to reach out.

PM me with fair offers.

I'm willing to ship manageable sized parts at buyer's expense, otherwise anything can be picked up in Bellingham, WA 98225.