1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FS: 98 TZ250 (4TW)

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by Alex_V, Jan 7, 2018.

1. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

After owning this beautiful machine for about 5 years I decided to let it go. Possibly moving in 2018 and decided to get a larger sailboat, in case you ask - why the sale.

My pride and joy is an absolutely mint 98 TZ250 4TW. Ex AMA bike that was on display for a few years. Stil has AMA tech sticker on perfect, and uncrashed bodywork. No repairs whats so ever. Perfect everything. Bike was winterized (coolant in the rad, fuel drained, oil sprayed into cylinders) and remained on display in an airconditioned room.

Lots of spares, too many to make a list that are all mainly new. Too long to make a list, so I just layed them all out and took pics.

If someone is 100% interested I can put fresh gas in it, and make a video of it running. I have no reason to thing that it wont fire up from a first try. It has been too long and I don’t exactly recall what is left on crank, pistons, rings. Just remember that it had good bit of life left. If I was to track it, I would probably do a refresh, but i would do that on any new to me bike.

I would like to get $15,000 for it, but if you want to offer me more, I can be persuaded.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

PM me and we can exchange emails, and / or phone numbers.

2. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Both beautiful bikes. Best of luck!

3. Davefrick4437

Davefrick4437 Member

4. Dkieran

Dkieran Member

PM sent.

5. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

just let me hold on to it, ill come grab it this weekend ;)

6. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

Well, had a buyer for both but shipping cost to England became an issue. So both TZ's are back on the market.

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

That is gorgeous!

8. JTRC51

JTRC51 El Speedy Gonzalez

If I sell my 675R and my R6 I might be able to afford this!! :) Beautiful machine!!!

9. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

Appreciate it, gentlemen. I have a Morgan 383 calling my name, so she has to go.

10. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

It wouldn't be the one for sale in Coconut Grove would it? Beautiful vessel!

11. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

It's one of the ones that I am considering. Not sure about teak deck, and something about the shape of sails that I am a little leery.

12. Bbp

Bbp Well-Known Member

I really hope these stay on this side of the world, to many of these great bikes are going over seas! Soon we won't have any left. And the value of them over their is much, much more. This TZ would sell for over 20 grand is my guess from watching what goes up for sale over their. I only wish I could put together the money.
    Both your bikes are super nice!

13. Kappy

Kappy New Member

PM sent

14. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

Sale pending

15. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Just delicious.

16. uswjmc22

uswjmc22 Obfusc8

Both? wondering if you could clarify, thanks,
    maybe I missed something

17. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

Shipping cost to England was too much. Both bikes were sold locally.