1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FS: 2015 R3 race bike

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by sbk1198, Dec 12, 2018.

1. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Selling my R3 race bike with just over 2000 miles on (I'll have to check the exact reading on the odometer when I get home in a couple of days). Bought 2 years ago and used it for track days and races in the last 2 years. It was stock when I got it and I built it up to what it is now, got it off Copart/Crashed Toys so the title is salvage. It was crashed once in my first race on it early 2017, but had very light damage which was fixed besides the bodywork. Here's all the specs on it:

- Engine is stock
    - MotoXP Ricambi bodywork with superbike tail (rash on the left side, you can see in the picture, but nothing was cracked. I continued to use it all as is and it works great still)
    - MWR air filter
    - M4 full exhaust
    - Vortex rear sets
    - Vortex keyless gas cap
    - Vortex clip-ons
    - Vortex grips
    - MSM brake/clutch levers
    - Core-Moto steel brake lines front and rear
    - Vesrah brake pads
    - R6 throttle tube (poor man's quick-turn throttle)
    - Woodcraft key ignition elliminator
    - Hydroturf tank and seat pads
    - Traxxion Dynamics AR-25 damper rod kit
    - Penske 8983 shock
    - Norton Fab captive spacers
    - Graves captive chain tension adjusters (spring loaded so they don't fall out)
    - YamahaR3Racing ECU flash
    - Dynojet PC5
    - Dynojet Quick-shifter
    - Shorai lithium ion battery
    - Wired for XT Racing GPX Pro data logger (data logger doesn't come with it, but the wiring can stay)
    - 415 chain kit, I have 18 and 19 front sprockets and 54 and 56 rear sprockets

I'm probably forgetting something. I had a whole list of everything when I built it up, but don't have it with me now. Bike is drilled for wiring per WERA spec. You'll have to do the wiring if you want to since I never bothered to wire it back up beyond CCS spec, but at least it's drilled so the hard part is done.

Asking $5000 and I'll include a spare set of wheels (same as the ones pictured) with Pirelli rain tires on which also have captive spacers on. Or $4500 for just the bike. Located in Norfolk, VA. Willing to travel a bit and meet someone part of the way if someone that lives farther away is interested.

2. sbk1198

3. sbk1198

4. sbk1198

Bump. Just in time for Christmas!

5. tigerblade

tigerblade Mostly Titanium

Will it get me into the 1:30s at RPM?

6. sbk1198

No. But neither can your GSXR750, so you might as well have something cheaper that doesn't eat tires as quick :D

tigerblade likes this.
  7. sbk1198

8. Diesel2013

Diesel2013 New Member

Give me a call at 832-628-5487

9. sbk1198

New year bump!

10. sbk1198

Still available...

11. sbk1198

12. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

What's the plan after this?!

13. sbk1198

Same as last year. Just finished painting the replacement. CCS won't let the R3 race in the 300 classes, so if I can only race in the 500 classes, I might as well be on a faster bike (400), especially since it seems that a bunch of the guys I raced with last year are doing the same thing. Then sometime later in the season I'd like to get another 600 or 1000 and do some more track days too.

14. jd41

jd41 Well-Known Member

Glws

15. What? That seems crazy. Why won't CCS allow the R3 in the Moto3 or 300 class?

16. sbk1198

Moto 3 is allowed. But not for 300 SS and 300 SB. As far as the reason why...not going to get into that here. There were very long debates about that topic on a couple of facebook groups including CCS' group. You can read all of it there if you want.

17. Pat_S

Pat_S New Member

what weight is the suspension set up for?

18. sbk1198

Not sure to be honest. Fork springs are 0.85 each, and shock spring is 1200 lbs. I have the setup and manual for the shock from Traxxion Dynamics. If it helps any, I'm around 230 lbs and I'm not bottoming out the forks when braking hard, but there is a good amount of dive (personal preference). The shock felt great for me, but there's a good amount of preload on it.

19. sbk1198

Still available...someone buy this so I can buy other stuff :)

20. sbk1198

Tax season is here! Use your tax refund on a well sorted R3! :D