1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Front page, Atlanta J-C 02/06

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by 976-FIZR, Feb 6, 2004.

1. 976-FIZR

976-FIZR In transition...

How funny is that? " 'Evolution' back in teaching plan" The superintendant actually thought she could remove references to evolution from the science curriculum. WTF? How long are people gonna shove their heads in the sand with re: discovery of our appearance on earth? The paper even goes over to a catholic school and reports that they have to teach their students about evolution, otherwise they'd be sending them out into the world without the requisite knowledge to make them useful. Although in the same article: "Danielle Taussig, a freshman biology major at the University of Georgia, is leaning toward pre-med or a career in scientific research. [P] "At the same time, she just doesn't believe evolution is true. [P] "A Baptist, Taussig is a strict adherent to the biblical book of Genesis, believing God created the earth in 7 days. [P] "Evolution contradicts her personal beliefs, she said, but that hasn't stopped her from learning it. 'I can regurgitate the info, even though I don't absorb it,' she said."

Please don't go pre-med, Danielle. I'd hate to think you were cutting me open with an attitude like that.

2. ysr612

ysr612 Well-Known Member

there are a lot of M. D. with a strong belief in God. What one needs is a good memory and understanding of physiology not phylogeny.

3. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

In your case, Howard..... you'd better hope she doesn't enter veterinary studies. :D :p

4. atspeed

atspeed Praying Member

they see more miracles of healing than the average person

most of us know someone who has had that miraculous recoverythat left the medical staff scratching their head trying to figure out how

if the grapevine is accurate, there is one of the WERA family that recently went through such an ordeal

5. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Too many damn doctors currently believe too strongly in scientific medicine(ie, pharmaceutical bullshit) instead of natural healing methods. I prefer a good openminded mix of both.

6. 976-FIZR

976-FIZR In transition...

Re: Re: Front page, Atlanta J-C 02/06

LMAO!!! :up: You go, Flanders!!!

What am I any way? I always equated myself with Oscar the Grouch, with out his dashing good looks. Does Oscar need a vet or an MD?

-Wish :D