1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

From the road...

Discussion in 'General' started by dtalbott, Jun 1, 2016.

1. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Hey Darrin, you still out there? I hope you are doing OK.

Last week I was passing through Louisville KY and had a free ticket to attend the Mid America Trucking Show.

Toofpic - wasn't your old truck similar to this?

toof.jpg

Here's a lift everyone should have in their backyard shed ...

lift.jpg

2. Marid2apterbilt

Marid2apterbilt Well-Known Member

Here's a lift everyone should have in their backyard shed ...

View attachment 153499 [/QUOTE]

Do not show that to my boss. He already debating car lifts for his Camaro and caddy builds..

3. IrocRob

IrocRob Well-Known Member

Awesome set of lifts, but why would you ever need to lift a tractor and trailer together? Just wondering......maybe to replace damaged landing gear....

4. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Scrolling all day long on RRW.com

Because Broome. :crackup:

5. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

We just got done running a complete new harness on a trailer, that would have been 10x easier with that lift. But Im not at that point of being able to afford those, So a creeper was put into action. LOL!

There is a lot of uses for those wheel lifts.,But man its looks scary with that rig up in the air like that.

6. BigBird

BigBird blah

Lifts like that are used on articulated buses and such. But also they don't have a loaded trailer's weight.

Wonder how much that lift can handle?

7. Marid2apterbilt

I've seen those in use but only the tractor. I'd be skeptical walking or working under it.

8. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Why? Unless Boeing built it, it should be ok. :D

Marid2apterbilt and BigBird like this.
  9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

upload_2019-4-5_9-18-36.jpeg
    I've always found these interesting. I can imagine someone watching their kid try to get something out of a toy truck and going hmmmmmmm.

cpettit likes this.
  10. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

It’s freaky to watch them in real life. Your brains screaming in your head that it’s not right!

11. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

12. bigtime

bigtime Well-Known Member

I deal with a vendor and manufacturers and have a couple of these things. During harvest they average a couple a season that they get up and drop the truck and trailer. Crumples it like a beer can

Marid2apterbilt likes this.
  13. Marid2apterbilt

Used to deliver potatoes to Frito lay. Always unhooked the trailer though. Lift too fast and it all spills over the stop plate. Not fun to clean up.
    Paper recycler in SC I saw them lifting the entire unit. A few hours later the cab was hanging half off the side.
    Herr's chips/snacks unloads that way too. No way I'm letting my tractor be lifted WITH the trailer.

BigBird likes this.
  14. bigtime

bigtime Well-Known Member

The one I’m talking about uses cut rate haulers that don’t maintain equipment. Harvest brings them out. They lift entire truck and trailer. They crush several a year lol.

15. YamahaRick

16. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Those lifting platforms are how they empty grain out of a van trailer.

Tape the baseboards, stuff an auger inside, and pile it in is how they’re loaded.

17. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

We have two sets of those lifts in each of our dealerships. Not cheap but well worth it. They also scare the shit out of me every time I walk buy them.

18. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Thank you.

Yeah, I'm still running, trying to make a dollar.

Saw you guys asking about Walmart. Driver-facing cameras, limited time on phone, no assigned truck, slipseating only. I had no interest

BigBird likes this.
  19. YamahaRick

Good to see your post D. Safe travels and hope you are doing OK.

dtalbott likes this.
  20. Marid2apterbilt

I'm really starting to get irritated at some brokers that think we need baby sitters. Demanding we use there tracking apps. Some want to track us for 30 days. Once load is done they don't need to know where I'm at or going.

ducnut, BigBird and dtalbott like this.