1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

From the road...

Discussion in 'General' started by dtalbott, Jun 1, 2016.

1. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Yep..They ALL lie!!!
    You damn near need an attorney with you for an interview

2. GarrettRick

GarrettRick Well-Known Member

Drivers lie just as much if not more in my experience .

3. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I figure this is probably the best place to pose this question...

The mini-blonde's boyfriend's dad owns a small trucking firm. I haven't met him nor do I know a lot about his business. My impression of him is based on what I see in the way is son is respectful to us and, more importantly how he treats my daughter. In any case is is a small operation (4 trucks or less), possibly under capitalized, and he is in his mid seventies. Finances are a challenge and he is getting a bit old to be behind the wheel. He is having a very difficult time keeping drivers which kills revenue.

He is in the Fort Mill, SC (Charlotte metro). I was wondering if any of you guys knew of firms that might be interested in employing him in dispatch or in the office. He is a naturalized citizen from Colombia, so he is fluent in Spanish and English.

5. Marid2apterbilt

Marid2apterbilt Well-Known Member

You guys probably already know this but take the Vaseline to the tax office with you this year, it's gonna hurt taking it dry.

On another note..
    Over Xmas my boss had my motor inframed, and a new transmission.
    The old c12 was about ball less. They flashed the ECM also.
    I'm loving it. 7.5 mpg and she pulls great now. No more climbing black mtn at 25 mph .now it's 45-55.
    Used to go thru the nantahala gorge fully loaded up the hard climbed at 20mph now it's 35-45.

I'm in love.. it's awesome how much LESS stress it is not having to constantly shift gears up small hills anymore.

Left lane Louie signing off... :).

ToofPic and 418 like this.
  6. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Is that you turtle racing with the Swift truck for 12 miles at 0.1 mph over the speed limit when I got places to go? :Poke:

ChemGuy, drop and 5axis like this.
  7. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

Let me know when you're going through Nantahala Gorge so I can flip you off. :p

8. Marid2apterbilt

:) .I used to be nice and use the pull offs....
    Past tense....
    Now I go thru at what ever pace I feel like. Got tired of Stupid 4wheelers making really stupid passes.
    The ocoee gorge too.

9. Marid2apterbilt

Nope, I was the Swift truck... Lmao.

10. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

BMW/Benore?

11. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

Did I pass you the other morning EB just past the White Water Center at the end of the 3-lane?

12. Marid2apterbilt

No I go thru there maybe every few months if I'm taking truck home.

What do you drive, I might have dash cam footage of previous attempts .:)

13. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

I don't attempt; I succeed. :D

But, really, I don't pass in the 2-lane Ocoee area except the passing zones, like the one between Ocoee #2 dam and generator.

14. Marid2apterbilt

Yeah I'm referring to nonlegal passes where it's obvious if a vehicle coming the other way rounds a curve someone is gonna be cleaning there shorts.
    Won't be me. I bounce you like a pinball before I swerve to the ditch or put myself in danger.

Sad part is I'm usually within sight of said vehicle when we exit to the 4lane areas on either end. They risk there life and others to save 30 second. Ugh

15. Marid2apterbilt

Ran across this on FB today..

9yrs ago. 3 Mexicans in the crushed soda can, 1 lived I think. RF psngr
    Driver was RIPPED out of vehicle from impact and laying perfectly on center line. lR psngr took impact to torso lived about 5 minutes.
    The car broadsided 2 cars head-on coming around the curve. Beer cans flew everywhere from the 24pk that WAS in the rear floorboard.
    That is exactly as the vehicle came to stop. They did not have to extract anyone.

Thankfully the people in the 2 cars (one is in the treeline at top right) we're shaken but unhurt.

The things we see "from the road"

FB_IMG_1550601730008.jpg

16. Marid2apterbilt

Seems Feb 21 is always a exciting day for me.

7yrs ago

Us421
    379 peterbilt w/ 53' trlr

Attached Files:

ToofPic likes this.
  17. Marid2apterbilt

18. Jed

Jed mellifluous

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

20. Banditracer