1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

From the road...

Discussion in 'General' started by dtalbott, Jun 1, 2016.

1. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member

Close enough. Let me know next time...

418 likes this.
  2. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

:stupid:

3. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

You don't want that trust me!!!!

Marid2apterbilt likes this.
  4. Marid2apterbilt

Marid2apterbilt Well-Known Member

Nothing irritates me more than brokers that act more like baby sitters.

Rant over.

I'm going home for a few days, hopefully finish some winter motorcycle projects.

418 likes this.
  5. speedluvn

Don’t you understand that this is the Wera bbs! Provide the pictures and the beeb will make that collective decision.

6. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

The ONE!!! and only time I got to see a super hot secretary in trucking was in ass water Alabama (not sure if that's the name ,but close).
    I was picking up a flat bed load,back into Ga. The lady at the desk prepping my paper work was a blonde,and tits were all but falling in my
    face,everytime she would bend over the counter (waay too far than necessary) to show and get me to sign.
    She even gave me her number to call if I had any problems.The only problem I had was walking back to my truck standing upright!
    Jeebus I still remember that,and never ran another load outta that place again :mad:

7. speedluvn

New Wera standard. Pictures? Or it didn’t happen. :Poke:

8. 418

418 Expert #59

Few months ago I was picking up a load out of Jersey on Friday afternoon. It was late and the shipper was pretty much closing as I was leaving. I was out of hours and the secretary from the place offered to show me where to park my truck for the night. She led me there and then got out to talk to me. Then there was the ackward silence as I told her thanks and good night. She was way too nice for no reason....

3+ years on the road and that's the only time that's happen. And she was actually a decent looking girl. Not a toothless wonder.

ToofPic likes this.
  9. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Well ... you’re supposed to run the load INTO that place, anyway, so ... :D

K51000 and ToofPic like this.
  10. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

11. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

12. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

The drivers I knew at the DC absolutely loved working for Walmart but they were home every night drivers.
    I imagine they're hiring long haul guys also but I have no idea.
    They maintain their equipment well.
    Walmart is demanding to work for but if you're a conscientious worker
    who does a good job without prodding you won't have a problem.
    They won't go out of business or run out of work or not have the money to pay you.
    Their health insurance is excellent.
    I'd say it's worth looking into.

13. ToofPic

They are advertising heavily on Sirius,and it does sound nice.All the years I have looked,they were never hiring in my state :(

14. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Walmart has been advertising for drivers in this area for years.

15. 418

418 Expert #59

They're paying .46cpm plus accessories. To make 90K a year you're gonna live at Walmart.

I've also heard of some horror stories about the hiring process and how they treat their drivers.

For example, you have to give them access to your phone so they can monitor your cell phone usage while you are driving the truck. So guys are using burner phones to get around that.

16. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

This is what Iam hearing also. Very Very strict on , speed, time , breakdowns,(you get the blame a lot of times) You will live in that truck 365 to mke 90k a year.

17. Jed

Jed mellifluous

After the Tracy Morgan crash they're doing everything they can to make sure something like that never happens again.

18. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

I heard about this first on the radio, then it aired on the Newhour last night. Dude has an interesting perspective.

19. ToofPic

Just finished talking with one of our driver's about this topic.
    He has a brother that drives for Walmart.
    Hasn't been home In 4 months.
    He says it's bullshit advertising .
    Says his brother still makes less than him last 3 yrs . Our driver gets home daily and still managed 80k last year, so he claimed

20. 418

418 Expert #59

A trucking company lying about hometime and pay expectations?

Impossible.